Discussion topic: Cannot connect to Activation Server error message

This message was authored by Steve+Skywalksr This message was authored by: Steve+Skywalksr

Cannot connect to Activation Server error message

For some reason none of the apps work and none of our mini boxes can connect to the Q Box. 

Internet is fine,  Did all of the suggested resets but it's still not working. Keep getting the Activation Server error message. It's also not letting me select 'view on mini boxes, or view on Sky Go' in the settings menu after resetting it. Says it needs an internet connection to activate it, but it has got an internet connection which is confirmed in the Q box and Miniboxes Network settings. Must be a fault at Sky's end. 

Anyone else experiencing this? I first noticed it at 3:45am. Was all working fine yesterday. 

TIA

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: Cannot connect to Activation Server error message

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you so much for keeping this thread going yesterday and sharing your experiences.

To confirm the main issues from yesterday are now confirmed to be resolved so we will be looking at locking this thread down.  If you are still experiencing issues, my advice would be to initially do a full restart. 

I recommend doing this by:

1) Power off your mini boxes

2) power off your main box

3) restart your router

Once the router is restarted and you have confirmed another device can use Wifi again such as a phone or tablet:

1) Power the main box on and leave it for 5 minutes whilst it fully boots up, once booted download something from on demand. Only once you've confirmed that you can watch something from on demand from the main box should you move on from this step.

2) Power on one mini box and follow the start up sequence. Once everything is connected, try to watch something on the mini box just to make sure it's working as should.  

3) If the mini box still meets with an error, press home on the mini box > go to settings > Go to Status > if a X is present at "connection to Sky Q box" then press reactivate for additional steps.

Move on to your next mini box and build the connections back up individually.

If you are still having issues after this, feel free to start a brand new thread regarding the issue so that your individual circumstances can get looked at and supported.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Vickyw This message was authored by: Vickyw

Same with me at about 3am. Main box is fine and the mini box is connected to the Internet. Still like that at 7am when I left for work 

This message was authored by Dean8599 This message was authored by: Dean8599

Same for me. Ive got one Mini box working and done all of the suggested resets and the others dont work at all and all have the same error message.

This message was authored by RB84 This message was authored by: RB84

I thought i was the only one. When i try to reactivate the mini box (via the main one) its says my sky q box does not have authorisation.

Absolutely ridiculous

Ive got exactly the same problem. Tried restarting the main box then the mini box. Tried updating the software then resetting both boxes. Tried moving it closer to the main box and that didnt work either. I also tried removing my card and re-inserting it back in and that didnt work either. 

Steve+Skywalksr
Topic Author
This message was authored by Steve+Skywalksr This message was authored by: Steve+Skywalksr

Hmmm, well at least we're not the only person experiencing this. I have been on the phone with Sky twice this morning but we couldn't rectify the issue. 
They are sending an engineer out in a couple of hours to look at the main Q box. They suspect it's a software issue so will see if a different box resolves things. 
I will report back with what they find. 

Thanks I appreciate it. Im going to call them as well. Good news they are sending an engineer out that fast.

This message was authored by Gez+and+Chez This message was authored by: Gez+and+Chez

yes, i have the same problem with one of my two mini boxes.  Tried swapping locations and resetting etc but nothing worked

Steve+Skywalksr
Topic Author

Thank you for replying everyone. I hope you're all back up and running again soon.

oh, one more thing please.... can any of you watch content via the Apps menu? 
I can't watch Netflix or Amazon if I try watching it via the Sky Box. They work perfectly via the Smart TV Apps. 
Is it the same for you guys? 

Ive got three and one works and the other two dont. Its been driving me mad all morning since 5am.

Same to you. No it says its not connected to the box so cannot access any apps either.

This message was authored by Gez+and+Chez This message was authored by: Gez+and+Chez

Yes, was able to watch via the apps initially, until I tried to reset the mini box. now nothing works!

Just spoke to Sky. They said its an ongoing issue and they have received several calls about it. They said the back office team are trying to resolve it now and to give them 24 to 48 hours. They said ifit takes over 48 hours to call back and discuss a refund.

This message was authored by Adchelsea This message was authored by: Adchelsea

Re: Sky has error MR 106

It just will not reconnect

This message was authored by MattAshby This message was authored by: MattAshby

Issue with mini box Mr106

Hi I have just switched to virgin media from Vodafone. I also use BT mesh discs as I live in a large house. 

the main sky box is connected and has no issues 

both of the mini boxes show as connected to the same mesh WiFi system as the main box. However whenever I try and reactivate the box I get error mr106 

there is no issue with my broadband as I'm using the same connection to type this 

Any help appreciated thanks 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion