Discussion topic: Cancelled and rejoined-Most of package missing

This message was authored by stevewilkinson This message was authored by: stevewilkinson

Cancelled and rejoined-Most of package missing

I found the annual prices too great and loyalty offers poor so cancelled after 25 years.  Within 2 weeks of the notice period I was called by someone in the "leavers team".  Offered an 18 month contract for a good price for 12 months and not too bad for the final 6 months.  I agreed to go ahead and was reasssurred that the package woudl be exactly the same.  It had virtually everthing Netflix Premium, Disney+, Sport, Cinema, Kids, Multiroom HD etc.

Within minutes of coming off the call my package which had been fine in the notice period had completely gone to pot.

1. All UHD viewing gone.
  2. Netflix keeps asking for payment card.
  3. Disney+ completely disapeared from guide and apps list.
  4. HD Channels (non freeview) all gone, asking me to upgrade package when I try and watch a recorded one.
  5. Estimated bill dropped to £28 and today its one to £90+

All of these parts of the package are listed as active in my package page on the Sky Q box.  I've called and used the text messenger and got nowhere at all.  Started on the phone line and got the following.

10 days ago it was "they forgot to turn your box back on", it was never off at all as was stilli in 30 day notice period, their "99% sure its fixed now" was sadly wrong.

7 days ago called, opertator said they can see it all as active on my account and not sure why its not on box.  They were putting it through to "backroom" who would fix it in up to 4 working days and also had me speak to "technical", who then could not help whilst backroom was fixing it.  He said he'd check in 1 week (today) and text me, if still a problem he'd send a number to speak to someone. 

Nothing different today still all not working and to add insult to injury I received the text bang on the promised time with a "issue has been resolved", it was a no reply text number so I can't even go back to them to confirm its not working still.

Trying here as a last resort before I cancel again.  Thanks for any help.

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Cancelled and rejoined-Most of package missing

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @stevewilkinson.  I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion