Discussion topic: Will a SKY Mobile SIM work in a car?

This message was authored by GregLS This message was authored by: GregLS

Re: Will a SKY Mobile SIM work in a car?

So it's a 67 plate and the 3 year data pack has now expired. I have registered with Cubic Telecom who provide data plans for Audi to the integrated SIM, however, they are expensive compared to me buying a standard Sky SIM and rolling my accumulated data from my mobile contract onto it....

This message was authored by JPO2020 This message was authored by: JPO2020

So if it were me I'd use the sky sim altogether at all times without the data plan from Audi. My method is because I have the Audi data plan until 2022

Yes ofcourse, if it was new I would be using the integrated SIM.

Perhaps I will order a new Sky SIM and see if it will work in the car. At least then if I can't get it working I can send it back within 14 days.

This message was authored by martinlong1965 This message was authored by: martinlong1965

Success with Jaguar XJ!

Changing Provider to O2 also worked with 2018 Jaguar XJ. Click on Mobile Data to enter sub menu, change to Manual configuration, change 'Sky' to 'O2'. Leave User Name & Password blank, then click on 'Connect'. It took around 40 seconds for 'Connect' to change from 'greyed out' to black. As soon as 'Connect' was available, 4g came up almost immediately. 

This message was authored by Benno123d This message was authored by: Benno123d

yes it will, you just need to go into setting in your car and inset o2 rather then sky

hope it works 

Cheers

David 

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply.

So once the SIM is in, how do I amend the settings?

Greg

This message was authored by Goals This message was authored by: Goals

How do you change the settings in a 2016 range rover as i cant see where to do it

Not sure but try going into setting, find the carrier of the sim and change it from sky to o2 good luck 

This message was authored by Ralphy1969 This message was authored by: Ralphy1969

Can anyone help, I have a new sky sim and i want to follow the steps here, but i cannot get the car to recongise that there is a sim in the slot, i have done everything and i am waiting for the sim to fire up, but i get the three dots and then it reverts back to the reading sim and where the 3 dots were it looks like a sim with a line through it. I have activated the sim, and have even tried it out in a spare phone. I also cannot get to the mobile data screen to change the provider to o2.. anyone else had this problem... 2017 Evoque Autobiography...

yes had the same problem with the same car, 

Had to change Sky on the settings to O2 and worked fine after that, but it was so long ago and no longer have the car so can't help anymore I'm afraid.

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Ralphy1969  did you activate the sim before putting it in the car ?

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Ralphy1969 This message was authored by: Ralphy1969

@63johnw i did, i activated it though sky and if i put it in a spare mobile it works. I have even tried moving my car to another location to see if it was the signal but no luck. 

Hi it is Definitely the settings in car, not the SIM card, I went though all the same thought process, but when I found the car (in setting) showing 'sky' I then changed it to '02' and hey presto it worked, not sure if it was 02 or o2

trouble is @Benno123d I cannot get to the settings screen, the car doesnt recognise that there is a sim in there, I put the sim in the slot, I then slide the option on Mobile Data to the on position and there are 3 lines in the opt left corner of the screen start moving, after about 30 seconds the 3 dots change to a sim card with a line through it and then starts again with the 3 dots again, when the 3 dots are in i press the mobile data to go into that screen and change the provider, but that screen never comes up.. I have tried 2 sims in the slot and it happens to both. So potentially could be the car, but i can pair my phone to the entertainment system, so not the end of the world.

Try your local Landrover dealership, mine were very helpful 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion