Discussion topic: Will a SKY Mobile SIM work in a car?

This message was authored by mroute This message was authored by: mroute

Re: Will a SKY Mobile SIM work in a car?

I have had loads of issues with my Sky sim installing into a brand new Jaguar e-Pace, to the point that I rang Sky today to see if anyone could help. They were very helpful but were unable to resolve the issue saying "we never guarantee a sim will work in anything other than a phone" We tried all manner of things to get the sim to work but to no avail.

In the end I was passed to a really nice man who cancelled the contract. Just as he was doing this I found this thread. I quickly asked the man if it was worth a try and he said give it a go but on the basis that the contract is cancelled it may not work anyway.

I ran to the car changed the settings as recomended and just like magic it worked. So anyone who is having trouble read this thread, delete the name Sky from the carrier in the car and add O2 it works immediately.

I just wish I had seen this before I cancelled, I now have to buy another sim. I also wish Sky had seen this post and told their team to try this as a fix. Hopefuly you won't have the same problem 😉

This message was authored by Benno123d This message was authored by: Benno123d

Glad I could help 😄

This message was authored by mroute This message was authored by: mroute

Yes thanks Benno, it's just a shame that Sky support don't read these threads.

This message was authored by HP+Compaq This message was authored by: HP+Compaq

Thanx for the help.

I had the same issue with a Jaguar (Sky SIM) this year and followed your advice to change provider to "O2" and as you said immediately got the G4 icon and connection.

Cheers

This message was authored by HoJack This message was authored by: HoJack

Hi - I have been fiddling around with this today to get a Sky SIM to work in my new Volvo V60. At first nothing happened when I put the SIM in, then it found it and looked like it was hooked up but there was no access to any data. Then I (duh) remembered to activate the SIM - waited a few minutes and still nothing. So I left it for a few hours and check out online, found this thread and thought I would try and see if I could get the 'select O2 instead of Sky network' approach - couldn't figure that out but....lo and behold it is now working. I have tested by downloading map updates, using the TuneIn internet radio app and also by using the wifi hotspot to access internet with my phone. So for me at least, in my Volvo it does work. 

This message was authored by RobL28 This message was authored by: RobL28

Thank you.

That worked a treat

This message was authored by wigggggy This message was authored by: wigggggy

Oooooooo having that same issue today, please let me know how you did that? Many thanks

Hi, 

cant remember exactly, but if you

can find in setting where the service provider is (might show as Sky) then delete sky and change to o2, turn can off and restart and see if it works, I worked it out while at the garage waiting for 'expert' from garage to come over, when he did he had no idea and was glad I showed him how to fix problem, let me know if it works, if not I'll take a photo when I get back and send over to you..

cheers

Thanks will try in my Evoque, was previously on 1p mobile for the car, but as everthing else is with Sky I thought that would be easy!!

Same as my car, also got Sky for same reason, will send you a photo when I get back in an hour or so

That would be fabulous thank you so much, appreciated 

A958B077-B0AC-4958-B880-E00C96C133E0.jpeg

7A3DCD83-43A0-4FA2-BF6B-08C9582D64B2.jpeg

DEBB961E-7E17-459E-AE8A-D49DFD9B2875.jpeg

@Benno123dthank you but alas the three pictures just come up as yellow triangles!  I think Sky are on to you!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion