Discussion topic: Can I convert to e Sim.

This message was authored by swindonpete This message was authored by: swindonpete

Re: Can I convert to e Sim.

Kirsty - Thanks for this confirmation. Will Sky email customers when the eSIM is available as many will wantto switch to iPhone 15 and that has eSIM only?

This message was authored by ShaneQPR This message was authored by: ShaneQPR

THis is so strange.  Sky Chat confirmed yesterday that the esim will be launched on 1st Sept.  And now on this forum a Sky employee says it will not.

So I went onto Chat again this morning and asked for clarification.  The operative went away to check and came back with this reply

"I would like to inform you , Sky will launch the E-sim by 1st of September and sky will notify all the customers in Uk who have sky."

So I guess we just wait until 1st Sept to see if it happens or not

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ShaneQPR 

In a business the scale of Sky Group it's entirely possible (indeed pretty much inevitable) that different bits of the operation will have access to different information, and that some of that information will be out-of-date.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@swindonpete wrote:

many will wantto switch to iPhone 15 and that has eSIM only?

That's still unconfirmed and will be until release: it's highly unlikely (although not impossible) that Apple would want to dent their outrageous profits by releasing shiny new hardware which couldn't be used in major markets, which is why the 14 was eSIM-only in the USA but not anywhere else.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @ShaneQPR 

Unfortunately this is incorrect information and we have spoken to our team regarding this. Apologies for any confusion this has caused. Please be rest assured that Sky will offer eSIM in the future. 

@swindonpete I am not 100% sure on this however once confirmed I will post on this thread. 

Thank you. 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Lchecko This message was authored by: Lchecko

Any update on this yet? Limits the handsets you can use with sky

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lchecko 

Not yet. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by FormerSmurf This message was authored by: FormerSmurf

On the My Sky mobile app, the option to convert to E SIM is now there. I haven't tried it yet though. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@FormerSmurf wrote:

On the My Sky mobile app, the option to convert to E SIM is now there. I haven't tried it yet though. 

So it is - I'd hold back until the dust settles.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Jynxy This message was authored by: Jynxy Answer

Yes the option is now there and safe to use, good luck and please let us know of any issues.

Sky Superuser - If i have helped you please mark as solution to help others. Thanks
1x Sky Q Silver - 1x Sky Q Mini - 1x Sky Q Hub SR203 - SKY Fibre Superfast - 2 x Sky mobiles
This message was authored by FormerSmurf This message was authored by: FormerSmurf

My next question is do Sky now offer a duplicate number E-SIM for smartwatch use? Very common on primary networks, not sure if MVNO can offer it yet. I'm at work so can't go through the online process right now, hoping someone here has already tried it.
This message was authored by CBB1933 This message was authored by: CBB1933

Thank you for this update. I have not seen the link on mysky app as yet. I look forward to doing so.

This message was authored by Jynxy This message was authored by: Jynxy

@CBB1933  you can do it via https://sky.com/replacesim or in the app,

in the app do the following.

1. click mobile at the bottom.

2, click on the mobile number/name you wish to change

3. Select sim for the same mobile number/name

4. click on replace, convert, or activate sim or esim by clicking sim options belows.

5. click on replace or convert sim

6. select convert to esim.

Hope this helps.

Sky Superuser - If i have helped you please mark as solution to help others. Thanks
1x Sky Q Silver - 1x Sky Q Mini - 1x Sky Q Hub SR203 - SKY Fibre Superfast - 2 x Sky mobiles
This message was authored by ShaneQPR This message was authored by: ShaneQPR

All done and withour too much delay either.  Took about 15 mins for email with PIN to arrive.  Now using eSim on my iphone 14

This message was authored by Jynxy This message was authored by: Jynxy

@ShaneQPR thats good news, ive fed back about the delay, it shouldnt take that long to come through.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion