Discussion topic: Apple Music on CarPlay - Streaming issue with Sky Mobile

Mark3209
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark3209 This message was authored by: Mark3209

Re: Apple Music on CarPlay - Streaming issue with Sky Mobile

I can go one better than that - mines currently running 16.4.1 (a) and still the problems exist, as they did with 16.4.1 before it and several previous iOS updates.

the issue isn't with Apple nor their iOS, it's with sky mobile - surely it's easy enough to prove that isn't it by the amount of casss that we can site of people who have moved away from Apple due to this issue, and haven't experienced any such issues with their new carrier....? @Clareridds 

This message was authored by Supertys9 This message was authored by: Supertys9

Mine is all up to date. Funnily enough my Apple Music has worked when I stream however it won't stream all songs even when I've got 5G. 

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

@Mark3209 , thanks for letting me know. I'm not a tech engineer so wouldn't know the issue causing this. I identify issues in the Community forum and report them back to the right team. 

I'll share this information with that team who are in touch with Apple about it, and share an update once I have one. 

I know this is frustrating for everyone effected, so I'll do my best to keep pushing for an answer.

Thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Tennants+Super This message was authored by: Tennants+Super

@Clareridds , To confirm I am also on 16.4.1 (a) and same issue persists.  What are our options to cancel considering my wife and I's contract included a phone?  Can this be returned and contract cancelled considering the known fault?  To be fair we have all made attempts to overcome the issue. For example I have been in contact with Apple senior engineers but as stated in this thread, it very much appears to be a sky mobile issue. In total I have 4 sims on SkyMobileUK, and want to cancel all (other 2 are pay monthly sim only)

Mark3209
Topic Author

@Clareridds very much in a similar boat too - we currently have 3 sims with Sky and I'm keen to cancel all three based upon this issue and the fact that absolutely zero has been done to resolve it - I'm glad that I started this thread as it's highlighted just how wide an issue this is, but has sadly also highlighted just how poor Sky Mobiles customer service is... 😔

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tennants+Super wrote:

@Clareridds , To confirm I am also on 16.4.1 (a) and same issue persists.  What are our options to cancel considering my wife and I's contract included a phone?  Can this be returned and contract cancelled considering the known fault?  To be fair we have all made attempts to overcome the issue. For example I have been in contact with Apple senior engineers but as stated in this thread, it very much appears to be a sky mobile issue. In total I have 4 sims on SkyMobileUK, and want to cancel all (other 2 are pay monthly sim only)

Hi @Tennants+Super  i doubt not being able to get Apple Music playing via a car entertainment system would be grounds for sky allowing you to cancel a mobile phone contract. You have a phone that works for making calls, texts and mobile data so it's doing what it's supposed to do. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Jambon7383 This message was authored by: Jambon7383

I understand you completely and would imagine Sky would never cancel a contract for this matter. However, it's not actually to do with the Apple Car play not working, it's Apple Music not working at all using Cellular data and considering the majority of people who own an iPhone will most likely use Apple Music, it's very frustrating. 

This message was authored by Leah-Anna This message was authored by: Leah-Anna

I have reported this to the money saving expert website in the hope that we can get some public support with this complaint. Sky are clearly not listening to their customers hopefully this will spur them in to some sort of action. 

This message was authored by Melpzz This message was authored by: Melpzz

Thank you x

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

@Tennants+Super @Mark3209, you'd need to call Sky to discuss cancelling the contract, it's not something we handle in this Community forum. 

I'll continue to push for an answer for this and update when I have a response. I know it's frustrating and I'll do my best to find a solution. 

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Mark3209
Topic Author

@Clareridds hi, do you have any update at all? Do you know if a Patch or fix has been applied at all....

only asking as, dare I say it, over the last two days, mines started working MUCH more consistently....??

This message was authored by Jambon7383 This message was authored by: Jambon7383

Is it still working Mark? I tried it again about 3 weeks ago and still not working then.

Mark3209
Topic Author

It wasn't working until about 3 days ago and like I said in my post, over the last couple of days, it's seems to be streaming fine when out and about and on CarPlay....

mill keep my fingers crossed for now that it's not just a 'lucky' period?!?!

Have you been anywhere different with a 5G signal? Mine used to work ok on 5G but as soon as it dropped to 4G or 3G that's when it would stop working.

Mark3209
Topic Author

The problem for always existed regardless of signal type (3/4/5g) made no difference sadly...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion