Discussion topic: Apple Music on CarPlay - Streaming issue with Sky Mobile

This message was authored by Jambon7383 This message was authored by: Jambon7383

Re: Apple Music on CarPlay - Streaming issue with Sky Mobile@

@Clareridds it's coming up to a year now since this problem started. This is actually beginning to get comical now. Can you confirm if anything is actually being done about this, instead of just saying you've passed on our comments to technical etc?

This message was authored by DTG1992 This message was authored by: DTG1992

I had this issue and ended up switching to Spotify because of it.  Our internet and sky mobile 4g went down last night. It turned out to be a DNS isssue on skys end and switching to a public dns server fixed it which got me thinking.  I never had this issue with Apple Music when I was with Tesco mobile which also uses the o2 signal so I'm wondering if bypassing the bits sky manage may work. It's a long shot and we shouldn't be having to solve their shortcomings but you never know. May be worth a try if you're still with sky and Apple Music. It's simple to do with cloudflare (https://1.1.1.1)  and completely free. If you try it let me know how it goes. 

All the best 

Dan 

This message was authored by Keeno1976 This message was authored by: Keeno1976

Ive downloaded and setup the 1.1.1.1 app and ive signed up for the free month of Apple Music Voice to see if it works in the car.  Ill keep you posted.  Fingers crossed!

This message was authored by Melpzz This message was authored by: Melpzz

Re: Apple Music on CarPlay - Streaming issue with Sky Mobile

Mine actually for a little while now seems to be working, though for some reason, I can't update my iOS haven't been able to since I've had the phone (March). Also it seems to have gone back to an awful network. The signal is terrible, the phone cuts out when I'm on calls and numbers I call frequently randomly no longer exist.

This is honestly the worst network. I really would like to know how we can cancel contracts when we're not getting what we've signed up for or more importantly what we're paying for.

This message was authored by Catrin111 This message was authored by: Catrin111

I agree with you on the signal issue. It's the worst network for signal I've been with. I've been with o2, vodafone and 3 in the past. Sky is by far the worst for signal and my data working. I also don't want to switch to Spotify as over the last 5 years having Apple Music I've accumulated 100s and 100s of songs that would take an age to re-download onto Spotify. It's just very inconvenient. 

This message was authored by Stewie84 This message was authored by: Stewie84

I was with sky mobile for a year and for streaming and reception reliability it was probably the worst mobile experience. 

concerning Apple car play. I have now switched to EE and all problems I had with Sky have vanished. Skip a track it plays straightaway, no buffering. 

If I used Spotify with Sky it worked OK but I get Apple Music free with a family plan so didn't want to pay Spotify just for the car. 

This message was authored by Supertys9 This message was authored by: Supertys9

So the problem has started up again. Was working for me for about 3 months and now the problem with streaming Apple Music has started again ever since I updated IOS. The delay in music is a joke and my signal is a shambles. Can't believe this problem is still on going.  My wife runs her owns business and constantly gets cut off when on important phone calls which as you can imagine is very bad for business. I'm giving sky till the end of the month if the problem isn't fixed I'm leaving. I've had enough it's 2023 not 1998 (when I first got a mobile) even then my signal was probably better. Sky mobile you really need to sort this out ASAP. 

This message was authored by Jambon7383 This message was authored by: Jambon7383

Mine started when I updated to iOS 16 November last year. It's absolute dog sh*t service really. The Sky representative in this chat has just disappeared and no longer responding to anything. Unfortunately, ive still got a long contract and I'm assuming it would be near impossible to cancel the contract and not have to pay the renaming balance. Hey @clairedis where you at? 

That was meant to be @Clareridds 

This message was authored by Supertys9 This message was authored by: Supertys9

Surly you will be able to get out of it. As they are in breach of their contract as the service they provide is in adaqute. Might be worth us seeking legal advice. 

This message was authored by Josh47 This message was authored by: Josh47

Soooo, has this got any update?! 

This message was authored by Tennants+Super This message was authored by: Tennants+Super

I have managed to solve the problem, moved to EE! Same device, no problems. 

Mark3209
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark3209 This message was authored by: Mark3209

Still the same - but as above, wife has now moved from Sky (to TalkMobile) and both kids from Sky (to Lebara) and now they all don't have any issues whatsoever.....

im still counting the days until I can get away from Sky Mobile for good!! 😡😡😩

This message was authored by Coxy349 This message was authored by: Coxy349

I had the same issue, but I managed to resolve it by turning off my VPN that was set to be on at all times unless I was on the home WiFi. Which explained why it suddenly became an issue and had worked previously, as I have only recently made that setting change. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion