Discussion topic: Sky Go quits unexpectedly (MAC)

This message was authored by SRose17 This message was authored by: SRose17

Re: Sky Go quits unexpectedly (MAC)

I have also had this issue for about a month. I assumed it was just me. I have followed all of the recommended fixes which have not made any difference. 

I have filled out the form above. Hoping for a fix soon. 

This message was authored by redangel1986 This message was authored by: redangel1986

I was experiencing the same thing, happened randomly a last week. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing works!!

This message was authored by DM2626 This message was authored by: DM2626

Sky Go not launching on MacBook

Using Sky go for years from same imac laptop.  always worked.  Recently when I try to open the app it briefky appears and then disappears.  basically does not launch.  I deleted app and downloaded again - same issue.

any suggestions?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go not launching on MacBook

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DM2626 

I have moved your post to the topic at hand where as you can see some advice has been posted by Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by DM2626 This message was authored by: DM2626

Re: Sky Go not launching on MacBook

Thanks for moving the post but unfortunately after updating software the same problem exists.

Can any one at @Sky  suggest anything.  It has happened to many people

This message was authored by andybcole This message was authored by: andybcole

Same for me, this seems to be a common issue, after the May update it no longer works for some Mac users and the same error message. Tried a completely clean install and still no joy.

This message was authored by Fedepr This message was authored by: Fedepr

i have a macbook mid 2012 , os catalina, same problem here, crash on launch since may update. tried to boot in windows mode, here sky go for windows starts but crashed as soon as the stream begins

This message was authored by HerbertLackner This message was authored by: HerbertLackner

Same issue, app won't start at all. Filled out the online form...

The app was never on par with other streaming services - too much processor load, many crashes, poorly programmed (audio switching from headset to inear? Quit the show, restart...)

Hope you get that running again, but thanks to Netflix, Paramount, Amazon & Disney not a big loss at all... live TV runs on the big screen!

This message was authored by Fedepr This message was authored by: Fedepr

here my workaround , but it's not quite an easy solution - it needs to be fixed. just for the meanwhile...

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/sky-go-app-won-t-load-WINDOWS/m-p/4701293#M136826

This message was authored by Rozhawk This message was authored by: Rozhawk

Same issue for me. Worked fine yesterday and then a mac update. Since then it doesn't matter how often i uninstall it, clear folders etc, and then reinstall, restart laptop etc. Still comes up with the same message saying 'SkyGo quit unexpectantly'. Doesn't matter how i react to that it doesn't let me open the app.

Fix asap please!!!!

This message was authored by BabelFish This message was authored by: BabelFish

Please don't forget to register your issue on the form, (Link below)

https://forms.office.com/e/ctX61UZaeq

One of the community leaders is trying to get us a resolution and I guess the more they have the better our case for getting it sorted asap.

This message was authored by HerbertLackner This message was authored by: HerbertLackner

Did that already, thank you!

This message was authored by Wellington92 This message was authored by: Wellington92

Same problem

This message was authored by ByanLaguna This message was authored by: ByanLaguna

I am having the same problem and followed the steps suggested above to remedy the situation. Having done so, I went to download the Sky Go app again as stipulated only to find it seems to have disappeared from the Apple App Store. Is this because it is not working???

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ByanLaguna wrote:

I am having the same problem and followed the steps suggested above to remedy the situation. Having done so, I went to download the Sky Go app again as stipulated only to find it seems to have disappeared from the Apple App Store. Is this because it is not working???

For MacOS you have to download it from the Sky website.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion