Discussion topic: Sky Go macOS app does not open after latest update.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by cescalby This message was authored by: cescalby

Re: Sky Go macOS app does not open after latest update.

le ho provate tutte per vedere sky go sui miei dispositivi ma solo sui computer con win10-11 e cellulare iphone funziona mentre sui mac dopo agg del 20 maggio dopo aver aggiornato l'app la stessa si chiude inaspettatamente e non parte più, info sui miei dispositivo :macpro con installato catalina 10.5 :macbookair con installato monterey 12.7: macbookpro con installato catalina 10.5 , sono disperato perchè odio usare i mac via bootcamp (tranne air che monta M2) per vedere skygo ed il centro assistenza mi ha fatto pulire tutte le cartelle Nascosto, ma niente ho provato anche con time machine a ritornare a mesi prima per vedere di reinstallare il vecchio skygo ma mi dice "si è verificato un problema di rete" e se accendo la rete lui si aggiorna e da li non parte nenche la finestra di comunicazione perchè il software si chiude. 

This message was authored by Giancarlo90 This message was authored by: Giancarlo90

Re: sky go app won't load

Hello.

From today my app is not working anymore from my Macbook exactly after the update.

Simply it doesn't start now, auto closing immediately without any advice.

As usual you have messed something with the latest update. Another step to make this app a crap.

Thank you

This message was authored by Giancarlo90 This message was authored by: Giancarlo90

Same problem here. Sky go app italian version from Macbook air.

After the update the app doesen't start anymore, only boucing and immediatly closing

Bump, waiting for support

This message was authored by ValonX77 This message was authored by: ValonX77

Same here - MacBook Pro 2023 - Sonoma 14.4 - attempted to download the app, and the installer does not install any app onto the pc ....

This message was authored by Bigwilly1234 This message was authored by: Bigwilly1234

Same problem here. Been using sky ho on MacBook for years. It updated itself and now won't open. Deleted and reinstalled multiple times. Nothing. 

This message was authored by Bling1981 This message was authored by: Bling1981

They broke the Windows app also! Doh

This message was authored by Pastisa This message was authored by: Pastisa

I've same problem. Skygo Italy. The app seems installing but then closes. Tried all suggestions. I think could be a bad idea of Sky. Trying to block the installation on mac  connected to tv they blocked a lot of regular macs. Hope they will solve soon. When I am in my country house, it is too difficult for my eyes to watch sky on a small tablet. 

This message was authored by FrancescoM This message was authored by: FrancescoM

I do not think Sky is blocking Mac app by design, as UK Sky Go version works flawlessly.

This message was authored by Bigwilly1234 This message was authored by: Bigwilly1234

Worked flawlessly for last 6/7 years, not anymore, won't even  load. I think I saw somewhere that sky were withdrawing support for MacBook. That's their choice , but I for one will be cancelling my subscription as I work away from home and can no longer watch it 5 days out of 7. 

This message was authored by jiandrews This message was authored by: jiandrews

Same here Mac OS Ventura 13.6.7

This message was authored by digglerthelegend This message was authored by: digglerthelegend

@FrancescoM wrote:

I do not think Sky is blocking Mac app by design, as UK Sky Go version works flawlessly.

There's a few here that beg to differ.  Me being one of them.

Re: sky go app won't launch on old macbook

Hi

I have a macbook air with software 10.12.6 which is the most up to date for my macbook. The new skygo app I can't use as it requires macOS 10.13 or later. Is there somewhere that I can download an old version of skygo?

This message was authored by jiandrews This message was authored by: jiandrews

many duplicate threads being started on here for Mac users unable to run the app, this seems to be the thread with most views/likes. Maybe if people started liking this thread it would stay at the top of the page so people don't start another thread?

This message was authored by BradSinc95 This message was authored by: BradSinc95

Similar issue for me Macbook Pro 2014 - Sonoma 14.5 - Sky Go app will load but when I go to play content I get an error message (PFE 9012). Funnily enough the adverts play absolutely fine and then the show doesn't start. I read somewhere about issues with beta operating system versions so reverted to the latest approved version and no change. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion