Discussion topic: "Upgrade to Watch This...." Affecting a number of channels on Glass & Stream 25-09-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Iansjnelson This message was authored by: Iansjnelson

Re: Can’t watch GB News as now apparently need a subscription

Same here too.....GB news and several other channels now saying I need to subscribe. I'm presuming Sky will just reset everything once they realise and I won't need to do anything 

This message was authored by Adam174 This message was authored by: Adam174

Re: Sky Stream: today ITV1 does not work - has error that I am not subscribed to this channel and I

• Same problem for us on free channels - we are being told we need to upgrade to view: BBC1, GB news, Sky showcase, sky witness, sky comedy, sky arts, BBC4, GOLD HD, MTV, Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet...etc

We can see the schedule, but the message as mentioned by the OP shows up, and we are unable to view. 

This message was authored by BenGee_77 This message was authored by: BenGee_77

Re: Not subscribed but I am?

Any solution to this yet? Had the puck problem last week, and now it's saying I'm not subscribed to Gold channel even though I am? What on earth is going on.

Been with Sky a month after being with Virgin Media for 14 years and seriously starting to regret my decision to leave them, nothing but problems with Sky 🤦🏻‍♂️

This message was authored by Claires09 This message was authored by: Claires09

Re: Itv1 is asking for a subscription to watch it on Sky Stream

We are having the same issue on Sky glass.  ITV1 and some of the news channels. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Sky Stream: today ITV1 does not work - has error that I am not subscribed to this channel and I

Can one of the super users please have a look at this thread and inform sky. Potential another outage going on 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Yes. I am getting the message - you need to upgrade on BBC1 and many other channels 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Frustrated+Ian This message was authored by: Frustrated+Ian

Cannot get itv on sky glass

Cannot get itv. At first it said I need to upgrade my subscription. Now after unplugging tv and replugging itv just had a black screen. Other channels seem ok

This message was authored by Starky124 This message was authored by: Starky124

I cannot get BBC 1 on sky stream tonight. It says I must upgrade?

I can't get BBC 1 tonight on Sky Stream. It says I must upgrade ?

This message was authored by Adam174 This message was authored by: Adam174

1000024528.jpg

 different message to the actual upgrade to subscribe one on sky movies etc 

This message was authored by cmc11 This message was authored by: cmc11

Sky glass tv won’t let me watch sky news - it’s says I need to subscribe

Hi, I just went to put sky news on, it usually works fine but I just got a message saying I need to subscribe to this channel. I'm rather confused as it's free to watch? I'm on sky glass

Re: Itv1 is asking for a subscription to watch it on Sky Stream

It's another outage. Read the post above 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Andy130 This message was authored by: Andy130

Sky stream requesting I upgrade to watch BBC 1. BBC 2 OK

Sky stream has suddenly started to request I upgrade my subscription to watch BBC1. BBC2 is ok

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Cannot get itv on sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All

This does seem to be Sky Glass & Stream issue rather an account issue, this has been raised in the closed forum for Sky to pick up.

Edit**   This is under investigation by Sky.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Is4 This message was authored by: Is4

Re: Says I need to upgrade for CBeebies.

Also having the same issue. Was working fine yesterday. But yet I can restart the program and watch through iPlayer 

This message was authored by maddurbs This message was authored by: maddurbs

I am told to watch this i need to upgrade my subscription when trying to watch sky showcase

Hi

I am using Sky Glass.

I am getting the following message " to watch this i need to upgrade my subscription " when trying to watch sky showcase and a couple other sky channels. I have the full package and I am able to watch sky sports and sky movies. 

Any one else suffering from this and have they managed to fix it. I have performed a full software reset of Sky Glass and no different.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion