Discussion topic: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

This message was authored by argonaut1967 This message was authored by: argonaut1967

Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

When I go into discovery + I activate its says you are now activated but still can't get anything it just say to upgrade my pass when it's meant to free.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Re: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @argonaut1967 

Have you followed the instructions and activated the account?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

Getting asked to upgrade your pass?

Don't forget to activate your discovery+ account once you've signed up. You won't be able to log in to the app until you've done this, and might see a message asking you to upgrade your pass. Make sure you've followed all the instruction steps on our Subscribe to discovery+ article.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

@argonaut1967 wrote:

When I go into discovery + I activate its says you are now activated but still can't get anything it just say to upgrade my pass when it's meant to free.

Hi @argonaut1967 

Are you trying to watch Discovery HD content without the Q HD monthly add on subscription ?

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Hi @argonaut1967 

Have you followed the instructions and activated the account?

Getting asked to upgrade your pass?

Don't forget to activate your discovery+ account once you've signed up. You won't be able to log in to the app until you've done this, and might see a message asking you to upgrade your pass. Make sure you've followed all the instruction steps on our Subscribe to discovery+ article.

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by BEDUTH This message was authored by: BEDUTH

Why do I have to buy a Pass to watch Discovery plus when it is supposed to be free.

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @BEDUTH 

Have you redeemed the offer and created an account?

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by BEDUTH This message was authored by: BEDUTH

Hi Yes I have a discovery acc , I can't see anything about redeem offer .

This message was authored by DitzyCat This message was authored by: DitzyCat

I’m having the same issue. Driving me mad now. I've spent over half an hour trying to watch Disc+. I've done everything it says. I keep getting all the 'well done you're now able to watch it' spiel, but when I go to watch it STILL says upgrade to watch!! 🤬😭😭😭

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@DitzyCat wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Driving me mad now. I've spent over half an hour trying to watch Disc+. I've done everything it says. I keep getting all the 'well done you're now able to watch it' spiel, but when I go to watch it STILL says upgrade to watch!! 🤬😭😭😭

If you login to discovery + via a web brower or an app on a phone/table, go to account what does it say under subscriptoin?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mistressd This message was authored by: Mistressd

Are sky actually doing anything about this problem, or is it the same usual **bleep** of blaming each other for the problem while they do not actually give a **bleep** about the customers.@sky

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi both @DitzyCat @Mistressd,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Discovery+ app, we're aware of an issue at the moment affecting Glass and Stream customers who have recently moved from Sky Q. You may see on-screen messages even when logging in using the correct email address, the error messages may be:

• Contact your Provider to find out how to watch
  • Upgrade to Watch - Sorry, this content isn't available with your current pass from your affiliate provider
  • or, a Request for Payment Details

This is currently under investigation.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Under investigation ???? just unlink accounts and allow people to re register whats difficult about that ???

This message was authored by DitzyCat This message was authored by: DitzyCat

I'm not a streamer or a Glass customer. Just a lowly Sky Platinum customer. I can't get discovery+ for love nor money. Please do something. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@DitzyCat the issue referred to by Sky above is specific the Glass/Stream so wont affect customers withSky Q. I would call Sky to find out the problem in your case. There have been a series of issues aligning Sky accounts to Warber Discovery's account system not helped by a number of mergers and changes at the WD end. Most can be sorted out.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

So another month goes by and still sky have done nothing. I am getting to the stage where I willjust sack everything which is shame after all theses years but obviously sky do not give a **bleep** about their loyal customers. 

This message was authored by rd72 This message was authored by: rd72

I'm a sky q customer and I'm bieng asked to upgrade as well. Technical Team on the phone for an hour and still can't fix it...what's the issue 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion