Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BobW2 wrote:

I would like to add my thanks to  the non Sky employee Superusers giving advice here,  appreciate the time and effort they are giving trying to  help  people.

Thank you.

We as Superusers and customers like yourselves, do appreciate kind comments like this.

😀

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Aslamshaikh58 This message was authored by: Aslamshaikh58

Re: Where to put activation code for sky stream

Where I link my account and enter my code

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

"
@lettice 

Many thanks 

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Can anyone tell me if the sky puck in the bedroom connects to the router via the sky glass tv in the lounge? or directly to the router? My glass is hard wired via a cable to the router, but the puck does not see my router on the available list of networks.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Hobbayne64 wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the sky puck in the bedroom connects to the router via the sky glass tv in the lounge? or directly to the router? My glass is hard wired via a cable to the router, but the puck does not see my router on the available list of networks.

Direct to the router 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Hobbayne64 wrote:

@Hobbayne64 all devices are independent and connect separately to router 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Logiem This message was authored by: Logiem

We've had to connect the broadband with Ethernet cable. Update software. Then take out Ethernet canle. Then it should accept wifi password.

however, we did this yesterday and we've had to do it again to watch tv today 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Mellissa7714 wrote:

Hi, I have tried that multiple times nothing works.

For your wifi issue.
Can you unplug your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck.

Restart your broadband router

Then try the reset procedure again.

Tipton be certain.

Are you connecting your Sky Glass Tv or Sky Stream Puck via wifi?

If so, if you have one, try connecting an ethernet cable from your Glass Tv or Sky Stream puck to your  broadband router and then try the reset procedure again.

Then once back and running you can redo your wifi in the Glass TV or Sky Stream puck settings with a network reset and remove the ethernet cable.

If you are already using an ethernet cable.

Unplug the Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck and while unplugged, remove the Ethernet cable and then reinsert the ethernet cable.

Then do the reset procedure again.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by HuwJames This message was authored by: HuwJames

Re: Sky Stream TV still not working

Tried doing the reset option but that does not work either!  What's going on Sky?  Get your finger out and sort out the issue.  Would also be good to get an update from Sky on what the problem is and how they are trying to fix it!

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

Hi all i have had no tv since Thursday afternoon have tried every one of the tips on here . I get to the point of "link your stream to an account "then i go online and input the 6 figure cide but get no response,  i have tried signing in to my account and tried not signing in have also trued every combination under buttons on remote . Will be ditching sky as soon as possible and defo canceling direct debit. Dave

This message was authored by Denise+Cox This message was authored by: Denise+Cox

Managed to reset the puck unable to use remote to change channels or anything else. Changed batterie

• Fixed my puck by reseting. Sky menue on screen. My remote wons do anything. Changed batteries . Think I need a new remote? 
This message was authored by MarkBailey1975 This message was authored by: MarkBailey1975

Sky stream down 3 days

My sky stream been down for 3 days now in Wolverhampton area broadband working ok anyone else having issue. 3 days without a paid service is totally unacceptable 

This message was authored by MarkBailey1975 This message was authored by: MarkBailey1975

Re: Sky stream down 3 days

Also spent hours trying to contact sky customer services can't get through to anyone 

This message was authored by Ando24 This message was authored by: Ando24

I've tried the reset process multiple times, several options on the thread with absolutley no joy at all. 

I'm getting nothing out of the TV. 

I do not use the 'PUCK'.

I have tried the vitrual assistant and phoning, both which were absolutley use less and basically told me to do the same thing as whats been mentioned in the thread. 

Any other suggestions? 

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky stream down 3 days

@MarkBailey1975  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue.

If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on for the recovery process. It has not worked for all subscribers

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps. If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds. After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion