Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by MacGolfer This message was authored by: MacGolfer

Re: Hi my sky puck hasn’t worked for 3 days I’ve tried everything suggested any ideas ?

"When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message."

I am logged in.  Same error message.

We really need a clear message from sky on when this will be fixed. 

This message was authored by DjIce1983 This message was authored by: DjIce1983

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Morning. I got a little closer today on my glass. I managed to go to the network choose your WiFi section. And when entering my password it won't accept it. After 3 attempts of this the Glass Tv crashed and turned off now. What the hell. Still awaiting my call back from 3 days ago 

This message was authored by paulb2024 This message was authored by: paulb2024

Hi,

My Sky glass is still not working. It has been like this for 4 days now. When are you going to get this so called outage issue resolved. 
A complete lack of customer service as usual from Sky. Will be cancelling my subscription when this is resolved....Shambolic 

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

It’s clear looking on X & the forums that the troubleshooting for sky stream & glass not working doesn’t work for everyone. Also what are sky doing to support the elderly & disabled who cannot physically do what Sky are asking of them to fix a fault Sky themselves most likely caused? At any rate we are all customers not Sky engineers. 

This message was authored by Peanut68 This message was authored by: Peanut68

This doesn't work for my glass other than it powered it up again my issue is activation isn't working now it's on my account and active but tv won't go past activation I've done the reset about 25 times now and all I've got is bog standard tv. 

This message was authored by jamieblue This message was authored by: jamieblue

My mums sky stream puck has been out of action since Thursday, i carried out the recovery process which worked on Friday and ever since i have been trying to re-activate the account!!!

Sky.com/activate page is down and no one seems to be answering phones, the virtual assistant just keeps asking what account i want to discuss, all i want to do is put the activation code in??

Every time i try to fix this i have to go to my mums because the activation codes change frequently, this is a joke!!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@paulb2024 wrote:

Hi,

My Sky glass is still not working. It has been like this for 4 days now. When are you going to get this so called outage issue resolved. 
A complete lack of customer service as usual from Sky. Will be cancelling my subscription when this is resolved....Shambolic 

@paulb2024 have you followed the steps as instructed in the post marked as the answer in this discussion? These are the official resolution steps provided by Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@jamieblue  Have you logged into your Sky account before going to the activation link?

Have your tried using a different browser or using private/incognito mode?

You could also try the My Sky app.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mellissa7714 This message was authored by: Mellissa7714

Skyglass

Hi, anyone in the Broxburn/uphall area having issues with there sky glass or work for sky ? I know they are having issues at the moment I have managed to get my tv on by resetting it as was stuck on standby but now my tv will not connect back to my ee wifi. 
I have waited a total of 2 hours and still can not get through to anyone at sky as usual. 
Can anyone help Thanks

This message was authored by Yelselh This message was authored by: Yelselh

Sky Stream TV still not working

Sky Stream has been out for 2 days now. Whats going on!?
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky Stream TV still not working

Have you followed the steps here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on ?

@Yelselh wrote:
Sky Stream has been out for 2 days now. Whats going on!?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Stream TV still not working

@Yelselh  If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on for the recovery process. It has not worked for all subscribers

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps. If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds. After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Skyglass

@Mellissa7714 wrote:

Hi, anyone in the Broxburn/uphall area having issues with there sky glass or work for sky ? I know they are having issues at the moment I have managed to get my tv on by resetting it as was stuck on standby but now my tv will not connect back to my ee wifi. 
I have waited a total of 2 hours and still can not get through to anyone at sky as usual. 
Can anyone help Thanks

Antony connect with an Ethernet cable temporarily to get you up and running ?

also you may want to pull the plug on your router for 10 mins 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by HuwJames This message was authored by: HuwJames

My Sky glass tv has not been working since Friday.

My Sky glass tv has not been working since Friday.  I have tried the suggestion online to hold the reset button whilst turning the power on.  But that doesn't work either.  Seen on the BBC website that this is a national problem not just me!  Tried calling the Sky helpline Friday, Saturday and today but give up after an hour each time.  Useless service from Sky.  No help no nothing!  Can't even play DVDs' on the tv.

Will be going back to conventional tv after this and cancelling my Sky tv.  Lousy service!  Not impressed!

This message was authored by Mellissa7714 This message was authored by: Mellissa7714

Hi, I have tried that multiple times nothing works.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion