Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by billsboro This message was authored by: billsboro

Re: sky puck

not solved but thx

This message was authored by RichardCullen78 This message was authored by: RichardCullen78

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I dont even have a red light on glass tv
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RichardCullen78 wrote:
I dont even have a red light on glass tv

That doesn't stop you carrying out the recovery process successfully, in my personal experience.

This message was authored by side+kick This message was authored by: side+kick

Looked on the forum and done what was suggested and it's worked!

also a customer advisor named Paul was amazing once I got through ☺️

This message was authored by Helpme131 This message was authored by: Helpme131

Hi sounds where did you put your activation code as at sky.com/activate just gives an oooops error message. 

This message was authored by larky+marky This message was authored by: larky+marky

Zero customer support

May I suggest that Sky outsource their customer service centre to a local Chinese takeaway company.

At least they answer the phone within 15 seconds, unlike Sky!

For a multi-billion pound company, customer service is ZERO.

I finally get through to a human being (after the 'sorry, I didn't understand that' stupid chat thingy) only to be connected to another department where I am waiting for over an hour for them to answer.

And the problem is a known one to Sky anyway...............'Oops there has been a problem' to connect the code to my account.

**bleep** Sky, sort it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was authored by PaulaD2 This message was authored by: PaulaD2

No tv

Have had no TV for 2 days. How do I connect?

This message was authored by Jenniferten21 This message was authored by: Jenniferten21

I done the recovery process,  and now I'm stuck on link your account but can't get on the web page and getting an error message to say there is a technical fault 

This message was authored by Maxine358150 This message was authored by: Maxine358150

Hello community. The problem I'm having is the sky stream box flashes white, which this information was on YouTube solve problem issues page. The tv will show SKY logo then a circle will go round and round then it will show on tv. ( Sky HDMI 1 Check Device Power ) it also shows below ( Check that the device is connected properly, then try turning on the device by selecting the button below. ( POWER ON )

That sky message stays on the tv screen. I notice the Sky Box Button not flashing white but gone off, then I notice the sky box was flashing red then the tv screen was updating something. After that the tv was black screen showing ( SKY  ) at this stage the sky box is not showing the white flash button, I tried to reset the sky box by pressing the button underneath for 5 to 10 seconds then the sky box will flash white again then go off. I Checked the HDMI 1 port and the power cable and the HDMI 1 cable on the sky box. After doing all that, the ( Sky message comes up Ski HDMI 1 Check Device Power in a white box it says ( POWER ON ) I do apologize for the " Long Message" !! Thank-you 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: No tv

Follow  the advice  on the my sky app and you will  get your tv working 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: No tv

@PaulaD2 

You need to follow the recovery advice in post 2 of this thread and as documented here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on?area=sky-glass&DCMP=ivr-skycom:ec_gl...

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@Maxine358150 

You need to follow the recovery process: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on?area=sky-glass&DCMP=ivr-skycom:ec_gl...

Hold the button on the bottom of the puck until it starts flashing different colours (green, red, white etc)

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Maxine358150 wrote:

Hello community. The problem I'm having is the sky stream box flashes white, which this information was on YouTube solve problem issues page. The tv will show SKY logo then a circle will go round and round then it will show on tv. ( Sky HDMI 1 Check Device Power ) it also shows below ( Check that the device is connected properly, then try turning on the device by selecting the button below. ( POWER ON )

That sky message stays on the tv screen. I notice the Sky Box Button not flashing white but gone off, then I notice the sky box was flashing red then the tv screen was updating something. After that the tv was black screen showing ( SKY  ) at this stage the sky box is not showing the white flash button, I tried to reset the sky box by pressing the button underneath for 5 to 10 seconds then the sky box will flash white again then go off. I Checked the HDMI 1 port and the power cable and the HDMI 1 cable on the sky box. After doing all that, the ( Sky message comes up Ski HDMI 1 Check Device Power in a white box it says ( POWER ON ) I do apologize for the " Long Message" !! Thank-you 

When doing the reset, keep the button pressed for longer,  at least 20 seconds or even longer, until you see the lights start to  change through different colours, like red, green etc

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread in the link below, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

You do this in the my sky app product settings, open  that and go to the manage devices  that's  where you  put your activation  code  and it links to your account 

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Seems the problem is fixed as "there is a problem" is no longer showing and everything is on green and good to go according to sky. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion