Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Amber91 This message was authored by: Amber91

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Sky stream... ive done the "hard reset" multiple times and as soon as the lights stop flashing it does nothing at all no matter how long i leave it 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Law1987 wrote:
I had not had tv since Friday morning on my glass it's just flashing the red light it a joke trying to get in contact with anyone at sky to help is another joke

What happens when you carry out the recovery process? How far do you get?

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

@lettice

I'm a newbie when it comes to posting to the Community. Please could you let me know how you include the original when responding to a post?

I've tried using an Ethernet connection but it doesn't work. As soon as I plug the puck back into my TV it goes into "flashing light" mode.

This message was authored by Amber91 This message was authored by: Amber91

Im currently on the phone to sky and even the man im talking to has said the recovery process should fix the issue hes been through the recovery process with me twice during the call hes now speaking to a manager so we will see what he comes back with 🙏🏼

This message was authored by Law1987 This message was authored by: Law1987

I turned it off at the mains black screen all the time I done everything this is my second tv from sky it's a joke I keep being put on hold and getting cut off 

This company is a big company and can't fix it within 3 days 

This message was authored by stfcwccc1 This message was authored by: stfcwccc1

Re: Engineer call out

I am now on my third day without Sky glass. Although I'm in my 80's & not tech savvy I can easily read & follow the on screen instructions advising what to do to get it back. I am now on my sixth attempt & all it does is take me back to where I started. This is very frustrating considering what I am paying. I have been a customer for 50+ years and sky customer service has always been poor. This is the last resort for me so I will most probably ditch sky & go to the local pub to watch sport in future. Mr Angry PS. Hope all who have the same prob get it sorted soon. 👍🙄

This message was authored by Law1987 This message was authored by: Law1987

It's disgusting how they have left us and sky a big company 

This message was authored by Spilly88 This message was authored by: Spilly88

Im just of the phone from sky support with the same issue. 

The troubleshooting instructions given don't match what the website suggests. 

The standby button needs to be held for 4-5 mins and not 20 seconds before any change on the tv occurred. After that and a software update everything was back up and running in about 15 mins.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Law1987 wrote:

I turned it off at the mains black screen all the time I done everything this is my second tv from sky it's a joke I keep being put on hold and getting cut off 

Try this 

Pull your plug out

press and hold the standby button on the bottom right  of the tv as you look at it

put the plug back in while still holding the standby button

keep holding the standby button until the light at the front of the tv starts flashing 

let standby button go 

follow on screen prompts 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by NC8 This message was authored by: NC8

Sky stream Puck activation

I have 2 Sky Stream pucks.  Since Friday I have had an issue with one of them. Firstly I only got the Sky start up screen.... so as per Sky help pages I've carried out a full reset on 4 occasions with the same result...

The activation code is shown and on Sky.com/activate when the code is entered it show as successfully added to my account  however the screen still stays on the activation page.

I've just tried one suggested fix of turning if the puck remove the Ethernet cable and leave for 2 mins before putting the cable back in and turning on... get exactly the same result

I held on for 90mins yesterday for Sky support and they just told me to try and reset it again.

I can't understand what the issue is especially as I have one puck working fine.

any thoughts from anyone

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@dzy82f wrote:

@lettice

I'm a newbie when it comes to posting to the Community. Please could you let me know how you include the original when responding to a post?

I've tried using an Ethernet connection but it doesn't work. As soon as I plug the puck back into my TV it goes into "flashing light" mode.

When the ethernet was plugged in did you run the reset procedure again, exactly as before?

For post replying;
Click on the arrow next to the like button, then click the double quote button just above where you type your posting. That will include the text of the post your responding to.

Or you can tag someone using the @ sign and their username

Like @dzy82f 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Law1987 wrote:

Turning it off at the mains isn't going to fix it.

You need to carry out the recovery process as explained here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

This message was authored by Helpme13 This message was authored by: Helpme13

The recovery process as stated does not work either??

This message was authored by TJB1060 This message was authored by: TJB1060

If you have a problem reaching the https://sky.com/activate page, trying logging on the sky.com with an alternative / secondary email address that you use. It could take you to your 'Household Account' and you can then reach the activation page where you enter the six-figure numberic code generated on your TV screen. TBH I had no idea that I had a 'Household Account' so guess it was set up years ago.

This message was authored by Karen164 This message was authored by: Karen164

Re: Can't activate my Sky glass TV through sky.com website. WiFi ok and software updated.

I have followed all the advice and gone onto the links but the @Oops somethinf has gone wrong, please contact Sky customer services using this number" continues to appear. I am unable to put in the code provided on my TV and my sky glass TV still not able to link to my account and I am therefore unable to access anything on my TV. Ringing the help line is useless as the 'AI' recorded voice does not put you through to a human being. The customer service when needed most id asolutely diabolical. Telling peple to wait and be patient indefinitely is extremely frustrating to say the least. No commuication from Sky to the customer is also really annoying.   

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion