Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Cath581 This message was authored by: Cath581

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Hasn't worked for me  urgh

This message was authored by James295 This message was authored by: James295

Re: Sky.com/activate not working

did you ever get this resolved Theo? we are having this exact issue after moving from Sky Q to Sky Stream and while the first puck was automatically setup we've never been able to activate the other due to this very issue. Unfortunately we recently reset the puck that worked and it needs activating against the account again and it fails. 5+ hrs of calls with Sky and the staff we've spoke to there cannot figure out how to fix it despite being passed around 3 different people.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: sky puck issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@billsboro wrote:

Hi all 

Been without 2 of my 3 sky pucks since thursday now been on the phone to sky (waited 1hr 43 mins) to run me through what i had already done with an apology to say there working on it !!! tried contacting them several times since and been cut off both times surely this is a joke someone must know whats going on ? 

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

Follow the procedure exactly as described for Sky Stream in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Cath581 wrote:

Hasn't worked for me  urgh

Not sure what has not worked.

This is the resolution that will resolve the issue you have to do.

It will not come back on unless you do this.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by david1621 This message was authored by: david1621

trying to link account and cant get past the postcode part

trying to link account and can't get past the postcode 

This message was authored by Buntyg24 This message was authored by: Buntyg24

I do this, i get to the pin stage, i do not enter it, i turn it off, it starts all over again and then gets to the pin stage again... **bleep** now! 

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Re: Reset

Mine just flashes red yellow and does not change. When you release the power button it continues to flashred yellow and then will just go blank 

TV says no signal received 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@dzy82f wrote:

Sorry, but this doesn't work

Where is it failing for you 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by billsboro This message was authored by: billsboro

Re: sky puck issues

nothing works

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Buntyg24 wrote:

I do this, i get to the pin stage, i do not enter it, i turn it off, it starts all over again and then gets to the pin stage again... **bleep** now! 

Dont just turn it off pull the plug from the power and leave it for a minute 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Pellet-37 This message was authored by: Pellet-37

Sky Glass Outage

Hi folks,

I've had the problems with sky glass not starting. I followed the instructions to press on the standby button then to keep this pressed while re powering the tv. This worked then I had to re register to activate my sky account given a http link. When you do this then I get a message to call in for an operator. I've spoken to 3 separate operators at sky who state they have no knowledge of glass and to wait till fault is fixed so no tv since Thursday. 

This message was authored by Susanne6 This message was authored by: Susanne6

All working now thank you done what it said 

This message was authored by Daleant This message was authored by: Daleant

I was getting the Opps message on the activate page, I had to call sky support, took just over an hour to speak to someone but it was a good call. 

Turns out they had 2 email addresses that was causing my Opps message, got that sorted but then I had a PIN issue that they also sorted.

I would call support, takes a while but it was worth it

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

I used an ethernet connection to force a software upgrade but I can't get a white light when I try to power on or use the home button. Interestingly, the remote will switch the TV on but not the puck.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion