Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by TelTell This message was authored by: TelTell

Re: Reset puck. easy. Pin not recognised. So I reset to same as before. Still failed.

In the end I gave up and turned off the puck. Turned it back on and it wished to complete the reset. Blow me down but this time it worked. I changed the pin inter alia. New pin failed but the old pin worked. So that module holding the pin info must have been offline. Or had been reverted post corruption. A bit more information might have been useful while it was unavailable. 

This message was authored by PaulSXC This message was authored by: PaulSXC

Can’t find where to type in activation code to link account

We had no service so have done a reset. It shows an activation code on the tv but we cannot find where on the app to enter it 

This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Jporch316 

Thanks - I only have the one account now (Sky Glass).  Like most Irish Sky Glass customers, I was a customer in the past but had to cancel my account when I moved house years ago because the satellite installation company (Actavo) are useless and won't install on older houses.  So, when Sky Glass came out, it was my chance to get Sky without a satellite, I and I was probably once of the first to do so.

However, I do think that this is the core of the issue because my new Sky ID and account has never worked properly and I am always having problems accessing bills and even sky store.  Everyone else I know with Sky Glass in Ireland has the same issues.

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: Tv isn’t working

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@GD1 wrote:

@Paulbuckland557 wrote:

Lattice, this is not the way it works... I'm reading countless people agreeing it doesn't work,and none saying it did. 

I know u are not a sky employee so please don't pretend things for them...

It works for most people so would you prefer we post nothing and leave other customers without any kind of solution?

No one is pretending things for Sky we are simply trying to help other customers.  

Exactly. When I did the puck recover procedure it worked first time at all stages. It has for many others too. 
We're just trying to work out what's going on with those who have a different experience 

@Paul+Dray  that was my experience as well.  It took no more than 5-6 minuted to be up and running and that was despite making an error along the way. I thought I was logged into account but got the error message so signed in and away we went again.

The majority of people who have their systems working again are busy watching TV and not trying to help other subscribers find a way through their issues.

Indeed. 
I'm multitasking....eating dinner, watching sky news on the puck and trying to help on this forum 😁 (oh and drinking a nice Rioja that I've just uncorked).

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@Jporch316 

yes - have disconnected the router completely for an hour earlier but no effect unfortunately 

This message was authored by TelTell This message was authored by: TelTell

If you turn on the puck while holding down the reset button and then the s/w downloads do you need to turn the puck back on again?

@Polqaz wrote:

@Jporch316 

However, I do think that this is the core of the issue because my new Sky ID and account has never worked properly and I am always having problems accessing bills and even sky store.  Everyone else I know with Sky Glass in Ireland has the same issues.

Ah that's a new bit of information 

————————
————————
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Polqaz wrote:

@Jporch316 

Thanks - I only have the one account now (Sky Glass).  Like most Irish Sky Glass customers, I was a customer in the past but had to cancel my account when I moved house years ago because the satellite installation company (Actavo) are useless and won't install on older houses.  So, when Sky Glass came out, it was my chance to get Sky without a satellite, I and I was probably once of the first to do so.

Ah ok ..... I wonder if this is a sky Ireland problem ? Maybe I was right about the ip addresses ...... will escalate through the superuser channels 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

If you believe that you have tried everything to the letter, including different browsers, mobile Internet, App activation then you need to queue on the phone unfortunately. 

After 2 hours today I was referred to more senior techs as the initial department couldn't fathom it for me either.

Sadly I have a man whom I am about to divorce over his TV and the named person dealing with my case at sky is not back in until Wednesday 😮.

Until then I just have to keep trying the fix in the case that I magically download a new patch.

As there are thousands who are trying to do the same it's possible that the whole system is just overwhelmed. 

@Polqaz wrote:

@Jporch316 

Come to think about it I think I've read a few times over the takers in these forums that legacy cancelled accounts can create problems with sky IDs . I think you are going to have to brave a call to sky to get your account fixed .... I'm pretty sure that department only operates on weekdays though 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@TelTell wrote:

If you turn on the puck while holding down the reset button and then the s/w downloads do you need to turn the puck back on again?

No - when you get to the PIN number screen pull the plug then switch it back on 

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

Reading a few comments now from users who have had no issues with the reset, so just want to clarify: The reset DOES NOT WORK FOR THE MAJORITY (as claimed)... it works for a small minority (as this thread would  confirm)... We appreciate your attempts to help, but repeating the advice issued from Sky (which doesn't work) doesn't help most of us - it just causes frustration all round! ... Any small nuances are gratefully appreciated, however - never say never, so if you did something differently from the standard advice and it worked, please share that info... simply sharing the publicised sky links is however, pointless, and bound to create further frustration tbh!. Clearly Sky haven't managed to sort the issue yet (4 days in?!), so I really don't think we should all fall out/lose sleep over their failures!

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

This is all I'm getting every single time I do the 'press the standby button and then flick the switch, hold until red light flashes' 

have tried resetting router, still nothing. Been 48 hours now. Someone please help me, have sat on hold for 2 hours 35 minutes and didn't get through, I have two children, one of which is autistic and this is driving me mental. The only tv I have aswell. (Sky glass) not puck!

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

This is all I'm getting every single time I do the 'press the standby button and then flick the switch, hold until red light flashes' 

have tried resetting router, still nothing. Been 48 hours now. Someone please help me, have sat on hold for 2 hours 35 minutes and didn't get through, I have two children, one of which is autistic and this is driving me mental. The only tv I have aswell. (Sky glass) not puck!

IMG_8221.jpeg

@Missy+Muldoon wrote:

Reading a few comments now from users who have had no issues with the reset, so just want to clarify: The reset DOES NOT WORK FOR THE MAJORITY (as claimed)... it works for a small minority (as this thread would  confirm)... We appreciate your attempts to help, but repeating the advice issued from Sky (which doesn't work) doesn't help most of us - it just causes frustration all round! ... Any small nuances are gratefully appreciated, however - never say never, so if you did something differently from the standard advice and it worked, please share that info... simply sharing the publicised sky links is however, pointless, and bound to create further frustration tbh!. Clearly Sky haven't managed to sort the issue yet (4 days in?!), so I really don't think we should all fall out/lose sleep over their failures!

Nothing different from the instructions.

This thread on this forum does not represent the majority of users nationwide so can't be used to assess 'a majority'. 

————————
————————

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion