Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Brian300 This message was authored by: Brian300

About my sky glass tv

I want to know when will be fixed I can't watch tv and it making mad all this
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mickconms wrote:

Hi thanks for this answer. Why did it take sky so long to issue it? I found that both of my sky glass TVS were not functioning at 9 am yesterday morning. After checking the forum and only finding one comment about the issue from another customer. I searched the web and found the solution you have provided on a post from a daily newspaper within a couple of minutes. Luckily this process worked successfully for me. But I could have done with the details from sky instead of having to search for them myself.

@Mickconms 

The fix was issued yesterday morning and posted on this very large thread the same time. Also most users received a text message yesterday afternoon with the link to the fix 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Bodston wrote:

My Sky stream still will not work. It did not turn on yesterday morning and has not worked since. I have rebooted it several times with no luck.  It downloads new software, then verifies and then downloads the sofware again. The Sky logo appears on screen, then disappears. The white light on the puck remains on, but nothing else happens.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Brian300 This message was authored by: Brian300

My sky tv won't come on

@Brian300 wrote:
My sky tv won't come on

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

Re: About my sky glass tv

@Brian300 wrote:
I want to know when will be fixed I can't watch tv and it making mad all this

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

Have tried this. Still no luck, still stuck on a blue screen saying 'updating software' but is not doing anything. 

This message was authored by Rty This message was authored by: Rty

The incompetence is breahtaking 

This message was authored by Zoltron This message was authored by: Zoltron

@Bodston 

The procedure for Stream is exactly the same as glass. 

Unplug, leave unplugged for 60 seconds,

Hold the standby button on the underside of the puck, now connect power, do not release the standby button until either of the following happen, either you get on the front of the puck a rapidly alternating flashing red and green light or the sky logo. Eventually you will get a blue screen which starts the firmware download process.

if you persevere it will work.

you then just go through the setup process where you need to activate on Sky.com/activate

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@DanJC1975 wrote:

Think I have finally got it working! Created a mobile hotspot on my phone and it then connected to my router via that and did the update in a minute or so.  Will try connecting directly in a bit when I've finished watching what I'm watching on my previous Samsung tv that I luckily still have

That is good to hear.

It does sound as though the wifi or ethernet at some stage is getting stuck with this issue for some.

Hence why we have been suggesting when seeing it for un/plugging ethernet in and out and rebooting router.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by andylambert1954 This message was authored by: andylambert1954

Sky

Puck just flashes then switches off.
Tried restarting but still no connection.

Other puck is fine.

This message was authored by Stacy8 This message was authored by: Stacy8

It is not working for all users. Some users devices are still down

This message was authored by Emmaalfie12 This message was authored by: Emmaalfie12

Sky glass still not working

My sky glass is still down! Resetting it or turning tv off for a period of time hasn't helped!! Any other ideas? Black screen of death is getting annoying now! Especially with how much I pay a month 

This message was authored by Taka1 This message was authored by: Taka1

Is anyone having problems turning Sky glass on?

I have not been able to turn my sky glass on for 2 days straight. Has anyone had the same issue?

@Chloe240 wrote:

Have tried this. Still no luck, still stuck on a blue screen saying 'updating software' but is not doing anything. 

Are you able to plug an ethernet cable into your puck temporarily to see if this works 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion