Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kim+aplin wrote:

I have had this problem with my sky glass and puck. eventually I had to reset my sky glass after several hours of being without service.

However I can't get access to my Sky puck.

When I turn it on I get sky logo, then the blank screen then the light flashes on my puck and it goes to no signal. This happens over and over and over again and I can't get into it to reset it. 

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Jessica53 wrote:

My box in my room is still flashing 

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

Pin problems:

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

@Chase7211 wrote:

Same here no sky since Thursday.

Sky help won't help, and no one will answer the phone been on the phone for over an hour, today and yesterday but nothing.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Activation problems: 

Pin problems:

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Schenk-37 This message was authored by: Schenk-37

Hi Kev

I'm successfully in now after the hold button standby. The issue was I was logged into the wrong sky account as I had 2 accounts one for mobile one for tv. When logging in the correct account I could reactivate sky glass

This message was authored by Nikki8200 This message was authored by: Nikki8200

My sky glass hasn’t been working since Thursday night , I spent an hour waiting to speak to someone as the reset doesn't work either . He couldn't sort it and said to wait . 3rd day of no tv , even the puck isn't working 

@Nikki8200 wrote:

My sky glass hasn’t been working since Thursday night , I spent an hour waiting to speak to someone as the reset doesn't work either . He couldn't sort it and said to wait . 3rd day of no tv , even the puck isn't working 

Not sure what reset you have tried.

But if you have done the procedure below, try it again. We have seen it has taken three or so attempts sometimes for some customers to get it to work.

Activation problems: 

Pin problems:

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Sky needs to compensate  all of us over this, at least  discount every  sky glass,  stream  bill by the amount  of time we have been without  being  able  to watch  anything 

This message was authored by Matt02021 This message was authored by: Matt02021

I made an official complaint. They gave me £5.00 credit 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Schenk-37 wrote:

Hi Kev

I'm successfully in now after the hold button standby. The issue was I was logged into the wrong sky account as I had 2 accounts one for mobile one for tv. When logging in the correct account I could reactivate sky glass

Good to know ....... there's so many issues with guys on here on activations codes it's worth checking you have logged in with the right credentials for the tv 👍

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by nnene This message was authored by: nnene

Re: Sky steam puck keeps turning on and off by itself

I just got home and it seems youve just described the same issue with my sky stream. any update and no one will come to the phoneto help

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

Thanks for the recommendation lettuce.

However, I tried allllll of that before.

Tried again just now.

Used my mobile, on 5g (not connected to my home wifi), and cleared all web history, cookies etc.

Still it will not activate. 

Mobile on Web page says successfully activated. Glass does nothing.....:(

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Same here!

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Same here 

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

Just to top it off. An hour on hold.....

This message was authored by Kez0501 This message was authored by: Kez0501

Hi 

my sky glass wouldn't turn on yesterday so followed steps to restart it from scratch. This worked but today it's done it again so have to go through the whole process of setting it up again! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion