Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Ws3 This message was authored by: Ws3

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Keldrew, we have the same problem here. Only been with sky since March, can't wait for our contract to be over. I thought virgin were bad, but sky are far worse for not giving a reliable service!

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky puck stopped working , tried rebooting everything still no joy

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ctfc wrote:

My elderly parents sky puck has stopped working, tried everything from resetting, rebooting, internet reboot, nothing..

There is a step by step recovery guide on post 2 of this thread that will get your device back working 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Karen2021 wrote:

I have tried this numerous times over last 24hrs and still not working. Any help please!

Where is is going wrong ?

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Deborahmck This message was authored by: Deborahmck

My sky TV is off near 2 days! It won't fix by reseting it. It is really cracking me up
This message was authored by Brian300 This message was authored by: Brian300

About my sky glass tv

I want know when it will be fixed and it getting bad this now

Re: Streaming tv

@Davey6 wrote:
Tv went off 4 pm Thurs when everyone seemed to have problems have tried to reset the pucks as both are still playing up loads of times all starts off ok but when get to the pin number section won't recognise any pins even new pin numbers I've spent hours trying to change pin numbers but won't let me do anything wish I hadn't come over to sky now should have stayed where I was

When you get to the PIN number screen pull the plug on your device for a few minutes then plug it back in and the process should complete 

This message was authored by DanJC1975 This message was authored by: DanJC1975

Think I have finally got it working! Created a mobile hotspot on my phone and it then connected to my router via that and did the update in a minute or so.  Will try connecting directly in a bit when I've finished watching what I'm watching on my previous Samsung tv that I luckily still have

@Deborahmck wrote:
My sky TV is off near 2 days! It won't fix by reseting it. It is really cracking me up

There is a step by step recovery guide on post 2 of this thread that will get you back up and running 

This message was authored by Waelboy This message was authored by: Waelboy

Sky Stream reboot

After reboot it will not accept my 4 digit pin? have tried re-setting the pin but when you have to re-enter it comes back saying its not correct????

Tried to change it 3 times now and it just wont work?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

The only public advice from Sky is this recovery method https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on which works in the majority of cases. However you must follow the  instructions exactly. Vitally dont release the power button until the led starts flashing red/green rapidly. 

if it wont work then your only other option is to call Sky but it is lekely they will walk you through the same process.  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Zoltron This message was authored by: Zoltron

For those who still can't get their Glass TVs reset.

Before you start connect it by Ethernet to your router, then the best way is to get someone to help you.

Unplug the Glass, leave it for 60 seconds.

Get someone to firmly hold the standby button in, and do not let it go whatsoever, now plug the Glass in. Keep the standby button held in do not release it.

Some articles say let the standby button go when the LEDs flash, but out of the 4 Glass TVs I have reset for family members is to keep the button held in until the Sky Logo appears, only once the Sky Logo appears let the standby button go.

As I've said, I've reset 4 Glass TVs including my own on the first attempt and that was by getting someone else to help and not letting that standby button go.

I think what might be happening is while folk are plugging in pressure without realising it is being released during the bootloader process.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Outage in area

@Marie96 wrote:

My sky Streaming service is still down and it as been at least theee days and I have been told engineers are trying to fix the problem.

Also can I have a timescale of when the likelihood of this being fixed. Regards Marie 

There is no fix that will just happen.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mickconms This message was authored by: Mickconms

Hi thanks for this answer. Why did it take sky so long to issue it? I found that both of my sky glass TVS were not functioning at 9 am yesterday morning. After checking the forum and only finding one comment about the issue from another customer. I searched the web and found the solution you have provided on a post from a daily newspaper within a couple of minutes. Luckily this process worked successfully for me. But I could have done with the details from sky instead of having to search for them myself.

This message was authored by Bodston This message was authored by: Bodston

My Sky stream still will not work. It did not turn on yesterday morning and has not worked since. I have rebooted it several times with no luck.  It downloads new software, then verifies and then downloads the sofware again. The Sky logo appears on screen, then disappears. The white light on the puck remains on, but nothing else happens.

This message was authored by Spartacus1970 This message was authored by: Spartacus1970

Reset directions from Sky do not work unless you reset your broadband router 1st turn it off then wait for WiFi to come back on. You then need to go through the reset process as suggested by Sky it was the only way that worked for me.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion