Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by DanJC1975 This message was authored by: DanJC1975

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Still no joy with mine! Switches on now but will not connect to my broadband. Have tried all the suggestions multiple times with nothing changing. Think whatever happened has broken it so will expect a replacement 

This message was authored by JW6 This message was authored by: JW6

Re: Sky stream not working

Its all very well engineers are working on it.But after in my case oveer 24 hours,i would hope Sky will be offering a reduced bill next month quid pro quo,and as mine recently increased.BEFORE the increase it ran well enough ironically.

This message was authored by Northolt55 This message was authored by: Northolt55

Kev 

how can some of us do a factory reset when tv won't even turn on 

please advisr

This message was authored by Bellco83 This message was authored by: Bellco83

After sky stream not working for 2 days, my puck is now in set up mode.

Now have another issue, it wont accept my pin so cannot complete setup. Im stuck in a continuous  loop on 'Your Pin Settings' page. It wont accept my pin, ive changed the pin successfully 4 times but when I enter new pin to proceed to next change, says pin is wrong.

This message was authored by Skyglass123 This message was authored by: Skyglass123

Re: TV has power, no red light, black screen, side microphone light luminates momentarily.

I tried pressing the TV side on/off button for 20 secs and the TV went through reboot. Not sure if I had to borrow another pair of hands to turn power off at plug whilst I held the button in.

All is well on the end, TV works again.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DanJC1975 wrote:

Still no joy with mine! Switches on now but will not connect to my broadband. Have tried all the suggestions multiple times with nothing changing. Think whatever happened has broken it so will expect a replacement 

Try this,

Turn off your Sky Glass tv or Sky Stream at the mains

Whilst it is off, reboot your broadband router.

Also if you have an ethernet cable attached to your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck unplug it and plug it back in again.

Once your broadband router is back on and working.

Follow this procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Lew_ov_pally This message was authored by: Lew_ov_pally

My tv still not working

My TV still not working two days running now fuming

This message was authored by BrokenGurl62 This message was authored by: BrokenGurl62

That's exactly what mines doing just stuck on incorrect pin. I've reset the pin and shock doesn't work.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Killgore77 wrote:

Mine isn't working! Won't recognise my broadband!!!! 

Try this,

Turn off your Sky Glass tv or Sky Stream puck at the mains

Whilst it is off, reboot your broadband router.

Also if you have an ethernet cable attached unplug it and plug it back in again.

Once your broadband router is back on and working.

Follow this procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Northolt55 An unlit power LED doesn't mean the tv isn't getting power. The recovery process worked fine on my Glass even though the red LED wasn't illuminated. Just follow the recovery instructions carefully

This message was authored by docer64 This message was authored by: docer64

@lettice do you know of a work around for being unable to proceed past the link your account screen? I am able to input the code via a web browser and submit but it does not effect the tv.

Tried factory resets, restarts, hard resets but no joy.

Thanks

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Same here .....

there were no lights on at all - but the fix worked as intended 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by ROCKG13 This message was authored by: ROCKG13

Re: Outage

Second day no services tried factory reset however never gets passed pin code. Even after submitting correct details on file plus changing pin?

Time for change and to go to other service providers.

On another note why don't sky send a generic email to effected customers. With apologies for the lack of service plus timescale to rectify the issue. Enough said hopefully back on soon?

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@docer64 wrote:

@lettice do you know of a work around for being unable to proceed past the link your account screen? I am able to input the code via a web browser and submit but it does not effect the tv.

Tried factory resets, restarts, hard resets but no joy.

Thanks

Can you try a browser on a different computer or mobile ? 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by docer64 This message was authored by: docer64

@Jporch316  Yep, tried 3 different browsers on phone and laptop. Used incognito on chrome, 4G on my phone, as well as WiFi. Literally tried everything I can think of.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion