Discussion topic: Sky Glass No Wifi Connection

This message was authored by AC1110 This message was authored by: AC1110

Sky Glass No Wifi Connection

Have switched off Glass TV at mains for over 24 hours numerous times.

WiFi is working on all other devices, i.e phones, laptops, and tablets. Sky Advisor also did a reset. WiFi router has been reset / turned off and on at mains. 

Keep getting same error that there is no WiFi connection. 

As I have done a reset, it will not allow me to go to Settings so this is not an option. When the TV is switched on it is looking for WiFi connection, as soon as I choose the option with broadband password it says "No WiFi Connection"

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky Glass No Wifi Connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @AC1110 

Have you factory reset the TV? As that should only be done with sky's guidence.. Sky have an article with a few things to try. Please see: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/connect-tv-help-sky-glass.

Is the signal marginal in the location where your glass TV is? The general recommendation would be to use an ethernet cable or home plugs for setup and permanently if feasible.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I'd agree with @mikealanr in this situation, try plugging in with an ethernet cable. Once conencted you may need to unplug the TV for a couple of minutes as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

AC1110
Topic Author
This message was authored by AC1110 This message was authored by: AC1110

@MarkGoldsmith @mikealanr 

Thank you both, I called Sky last Saturday and they advised to factory reset the TV. I followed all their guidance and still no luck. They told me they reported the error and would call me back in 24 hours. The TV is still not connecting to WiFi.

I do not have an ethernet cable. I only have WiFi, which is working on all other devices and the router is in the same room as the tv with good coverage on other devices. I have been without Sky TV now for over 1 week and no answers from Sky

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

To be honest i think the ethernet cable may be the only solution at this current point, as without the TV being able to establish an internet connection you can't even get to settings or anything else.

Its either that or phone Sky and request they replace it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@AC1110 

you should have had an Ethernet cable with your router .....

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Helen5185 This message was authored by: Helen5185

We've got the same issue! Thought I found a solution by turning on network standby mode but it was already on so no help there! It's so frustrating we are at the end of our tether with it now. No broadband issues at all so we do t even want the tv anymore! Pointless not be able to watch a tv we are paying nearly £100 month for! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion