Discussion topic: Sky Glass 65" keeps freezing need to power off and on again

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Sky Glass 65" keeps freezing need to power off and on again

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @kevisere4u 

The software automatically updates and unfortunately just need to wait. 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @kevisere4u 

Won't be too long for you 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/Build-QS018-010-00P/m-p/4338399#M101846

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Warks+CV37 This message was authored by: Warks+CV37

I've been having issues with Sky Glass for about 5 months now and been in touch with Sky Tech support on numerous occasions. At the moment I'm getting regular blank screen about every hour - if I click on the TV guide I get waiting to load messages and then eventiallly a not connected to Wifi message - even though I'm on a direct ethernet connection(via power line). The only option is to reboot by unplugging.

I've got a 500Mbps full fibre connection and netflix network check is showing about 91Mpbs. I've raisd a Customer Complaint and Sky Tech support are now of the view  that it may be a Sky Glass HW fault in this case. Sky Glass screen is being replaced on Monday. Fingers closed.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Warks+CV37 I hope the replacement Glass solves your problems.

Just so you are aware the Ethernet ports on Glass are only 100 mbps (not gigabit) so to be getting 91 mbps is actually pretty good.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
kevisere4u
Topic Author
This message was authored by kevisere4u This message was authored by: kevisere4u

@Warks+CV37 I had the same, it was a fault at Skys end and was fine again the next day

Hoping for a brighter future and a Glass that is reliable.
kevisere4u
Topic Author
This message was authored by kevisere4u This message was authored by: kevisere4u

I lost all normal TV channels and kept getting the blue screen, but as I say it was fine the next day.

The Sky App said that Sky had a problem and were resolving it.

Hoping for a brighter future and a Glass that is reliable.
This message was authored by Warks+CV37 This message was authored by: Warks+CV37

Well after 5 months of Sky Glass freezing screen and  various technical fault messages I've just had my Sky Glass screen replaced today. So far so good - I was getting blank screen faults and/or internet faults every hour, but no issues today at all. Could it really be a simple as a Sky Glass hardware fault that wasn't showing up on Sky Diagnostics?

Sky tech support kept saying that it looked like a Broadband fault but after upgrading that to a 500Mbps full fibre broadband and also switching from WiFi to direct Ethernet connection (via powerline adaptors) I think they  finally thought that it really could be an undiagnosed Sky Glass hardware fault. Interestingly the picture quality is also far superior now. 

This message was authored by Kevillie This message was authored by: Kevillie

I'm fed up!!  Sky glass keeps stuttering freezing then you miss half of what people are saying. It's nothing to do with the internet speed as we have fttp 149 mbps. Wish we hadn't changed to sky glass. Never had any of this with skyQ. And don't even mention the problems with ITVX. Sky please help. Very frustrated customer 

This message was authored by Yamila1 This message was authored by: Yamila1

Same here, I'm always having to switch the Skyglass TV off at the wall to unfreeze the screen. 

I regret getting Sky glass, very poor compared with normal Sky.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Yamila1Welcome to the forum.  One of the main reasons for freezing is the quality and speed of the Wi-Fi signal being received at the TV/puck and not that being received at the router.  This can be checked with the Netflix App (Get help > Check network) and is often much less than you might expect. The minimum speeds  recommended by Sky are as follows:

HD = 25mbps

UHD = 30mbps

HD + 1 puck = 30mbps

UHD + 1 puck = 35mbps

If your speed at the TV is borderline try connecting via Ethernet cable. If this is not practical you can use powerline adapters (about £30 at Amazon). Note the Ethernet port on the Glass TV (& pucks) only supports 100mbps so don't waste money on the more expensive 1gb powerline adapters

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion