Discussion topic: Sky Glass 65" keeps freezing need to power off and on again

kevisere4u
Topic Author
This message was authored by kevisere4u This message was authored by: kevisere4u

Re: Sky Glass 65" keeps freezing need to power off and on again

@Kevin-7248  Just a  heads up does anyone know what the latest software versions are?

Mine are 

Entertainment OS 1.1

QS017.005.01P

LT065-f3-ant

I have not tried a Factory reset yet as I will loose all my logins and settings. But if I have to Hard reset it again at the mains  plug then I will try a factory reset.

I see no one from Sky Technical is getting involved in this descussion as I guess they have no resolution to this problem that a lot of people are suffering.

Hoping for a brighter future and a Glass that is reliable.
This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

Yes that's the same as mine and believe they're up to date.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kevisere4u wrote:

QS017.005.01P

I think that's correct for a Glass television: there's a marginal increment (02P) being rolled out to Stream pucks to address a puck-specific fault which resulted in some of them being rolled back to a 016 release.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

@kevisere4u wrote:

@Kevin-7248  Just a  heads up does anyone know what the latest software versions are?

Mine are 

Entertainment OS 1.1

QS017.005.01P

LT065-f3-ant

I have not tried a Factory reset yet as I will loose all my logins and settings. But if I have to Hard reset it again at the mains  plug then I will try a factory reset.

I see no one from Sky Technical is getting involved in this descussion as I guess they have no resolution to this problem that a lot of people are suffering.

Hi @kevisere4u 

Please do not perform a factory reset unless advised by Sky. With Glass it can lead to complications which then results in having to be fixed by back office which can take days.

I will escalate this for you and Sky will invite you to chat to troubleshoot your issues.

Below is a link on how escalation works,

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to kevisere4u.

This message was authored by sunshine2308 This message was authored by: sunshine2308

hi,

i have reset my tv to factory settings. it was ok for a day and then it went back to freezing and not loading. it cant be my internet because i can watch netflix and youtube without problems.  some days and have to unplug it 5x a day

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@sunshine2308 wrote:

it cant be my internet because i can watch netflix and youtube without problems

Unfortunately it might well be your internet, or your WiFi, or both.

Sky recently changed the minimum bandwith advised for Glass / Stream in HD from 10Mbs to 25Mbs, which is significantly more than 'netflix and youtube' requires for their rate-adaptive streaming.

If you find the Netflix statistics (in the television Netflix app - Get Help - Check your Network) that should show the speed actually reaching your Sky device

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@sunshine2308 wrote:

it cant be my internet because i can watch netflix and youtube without problems

Unfortunately it might well be your internet, or your WiFi, or both.

Sky recently changed the minimum bandwith advised for Glass / Stream in HD from 10Mbs to 25Mbs, which is significantly more than 'netflix and youtube'

If you find the Netflix statistics (in the television Netflix app - Get Help - Check your Network) that should show the speed reaching your Sky device

@TimmyBGood To backup what you are saying :

Yesterday there was a post on the forum saying their broadband speed was 60mbps which of course should be ample.  Another poster suggested they use the Netflix App to see what was actually being received at their glass/puck and it turned out to be an inadequate speed of only 4 to 6mbps. 

Unfortunately I cant find the post.  I suspect many people are getting a much slower speed than they realise.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

@Tim+Adams 

The factory reset option is as simple as if not recommended by one of us. Due to sky not adequately testing their TV's and what we pay for, even if they have performed the factory reset and it hasn't worked, the onus still rests with sky to resolve. 

Back office will just have to deal with the marketing team promoting sky glass and then technical to resolve. 

If it wasn't meant to be performed until advised, this feature should be hidden in the engineers menu as was the case in sky + HD. 

Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 

@Kevin-7248 wrote:

@Tim+Adams 

If it wasn't meant to be performed until advised, this feature should be hidden in the engineers menu as was the case in sky + HD. 

We've been told by Sky that it's not hidden because it's there for owners to use to remove their own account details from the set and particularly its onboard apps before selling a Glass television.  This wasn't applicable to either Sky+ (which doesn't have apps) or Sky Q (which cannot be sold).

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

@Kevin-7248 wrote:

@Tim+Adams 

The factory reset option is as simple as if not recommended by one of us. Due to sky not adequately testing their TV's and what we pay for, even if they have performed the factory reset and it hasn't worked, the onus still rests with sky to resolve. 

Back office will just have to deal with the marketing team promoting sky glass and then technical to resolve. 

Hi @Kevin-7248 

I'm only posted what we're advised, and the advice I posted would save the customer potentially being with no TV service whilst any issue was fixed. 

Completely agree the factory reset option should have a triple "are you sure" or have several options such as Sky Q.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

@TimmyBGood 

I post in curiousity. So what's to say if the owner factory resets in such a way if there was an issue for them, to sell on and then the buyer of said tv faces the issue the owner would have by doing this factory reset.

Is this not the same thing advised against doing?

I wasn't aware either that by us, as the tv owner of sky glass, if we performed a factory reset to perform a fresh install to resolve any issues by having it wiped clean then the update be installed as new, would create a 'bricked' device?

Should there then be a disclaimer that WE SHOULD NOT factory reset at all until sky have confirmed the go ahead to do after waiting for years to get a hold of a 'technical expert'?

Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus

@Kevin-7248 wrote:

Should there then be a disclaimer that WE SHOULD NOT factory reset at all until sky have confirmed the go ahead to do after waiting for years to get a hold of a 'technical expert'?

Probably, yes.  Once again I'd suggest it's a clash between the conflicting needs of Support and Marketing departments.

This message was authored by sunshine2308 This message was authored by: sunshine2308

thank you. i will look into it. I read that post too. I should be getting minimum 72 Gbps so i didnt think that would be a problem. sky will probably try to get me to join sky broadband to fix the problem 

72 gbps? (72mbps?) 

Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion