Discussion topic: Sky Glass 65" keeps freezing need to power off and on again

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Glass 65" keeps freezing need to power off and on again

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sunshine2308 wrote:

sky will probably try to get me to join sky broadband to fix the problem 

I suspect they do that rather less with Glass/Stream than they did with Sky Q.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Kevin-7248 wrote:

Should there then be a disclaimer that WE SHOULD NOT factory reset at all until sky have confirmed the go ahead to do after waiting for years to get a hold of a 'technical expert'?

Probably, yes.  Once again I'd suggest it's a clash between the conflicting needs of Support and Marketing departments.

Should be then tagged as use at your own risk but the tv is still in a constant state of over the air update testing. Due to the nature in which they are pushed out then rolled back in quick succession.

The mind boggles.

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 
This message was authored by sunshine2308 This message was authored by: sunshine2308

sorry mgbs.

kevisere4u
Topic Author
This message was authored by kevisere4u This message was authored by: kevisere4u

I will upgrade my Broadband from Superfast to Ultrafast only £3 a month extra to see if this cures it.

I must be right on the limit for Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos plus my son is gaming so bandwidth must be stretched

Hoping for a brighter future and a Glass that is reliable.
This message was authored by sunshine2308 This message was authored by: sunshine2308

Hello, 

I just checked my network in Netflix app. connection is 63.16 Mbps so i really dont know where is the problem

This message was authored by Sarahrob69 This message was authored by: Sarahrob69

I have 150mbs. Fast enough but still issues. Sky blaming anyone but themselves I'm afraid

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Ironically having always said that I have fast and stable broadband, about an hour ago I started experiencing the same problems that everyone has been complaining about with my Glass TV stuttering and freezing all the time and is even struggling with live TV.

However it does confirm to me that these sort of problems are often due to poor wi-fi.  For some unknown reason my network has suddenly slowed to a crawl from 485mbps down to 6pmbp 😡.  The positive is I know that it is not a Sky streaming fault as it is effecting all my devices (Glass, MacBook, iPad and iPhone).

Hopefully it is a problems with the ISP and will be resolved overnight but if not it will be a visit/call will be needed.

The NetBox is looking like a good backup for any future occurence @Jporch316 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by david+john This message was authored by: david+john

Same here glass as been fine for over a year but now it's. Gone bonkers driving me mad 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Everything back to normal this morning so the problem was at my broadband providers end and not my router 😀

kevisere4u
Topic Author
This message was authored by kevisere4u This message was authored by: kevisere4u

@Fothergill1 It could be internet conjestion as when we were watching the Coronation the stream kept breaking up many times. Maybe the internet is getting overloaded at times with Live TV steaming, downloading ETC

@kevisere4u I think the drop in speed was probably a bit too drastic for congestion. My speed is normally 475 to 485mbps and last night it dropped to 6mbps but who knows maybe everyone was tuned into to Eurovision.

It certainly reinforced my belief that a lot of problems people have with their Glass/stream are down to their broadband.  All to often we (including me) think that our speed is better than it is in reality The output is not the important factor it is the speed that actually reaches the system. When my speed dropped I had exactly the same problems that others have experienced but they have vanished now my speed is back to normal 😀.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us kevisere4u. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
kevisere4u
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 Thank you for your help and suggestions, since we last spoke I have not had any problems with the Glass, but I am sure they are waiting in the wings ready to pounce on me now the descussion is closed. ))

This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

"All to often we (including me) think that our speed is better than it is in reality The output is not the important factor it is the speed that actually reaches the system."

@Fothergill1 I believe it's the speeds from FTTP and the compatible software within the router that both contribute to the realibility and stability of the speeds in which we get both in terms of Wi-Fi and Ethernet. (You start taking ultrafast plus or gigafast and you start noticing how much it copes) As is always talked about, sky broadband hub's aren't great. 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 
This message was authored by Mat0505 This message was authored by: Mat0505

Hey everybody,
I am new to Sky Glass and wish we hadnt switched from the Q box 😖

We have had Sky Glass for a couple of weeks and experienced freezing, and like most others the only option to fix it was to turn it off at the socket and turn it back on again.

I have tried literally everything to stop it freezing, and even invested in a top of the range ethernet cable straight from the router and it still freezes, funnily though its only Sky Witness and Channel 5, so irrespective on what Sky say, if its just 2 channels then its a problem with the stream from Sky.

They should just own up to the problems, its crazy!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion