Discussion topic: How can we make a difference?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: How can we make a difference?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@wrightfamily wrote:

It would be nice to have the bookmark and slow-mo features back.

@wrightfamily 

The bookmark and slow motion features have never been on Sky Q boxes and after all the years Sky Q has been out it is extremely unlikely to be added at this late stage. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Hi, I been battling with ITV concerning lack of access to subtitles from their downloaded programmes from the ITV HUB.

We'll I have been informed ITV HUB will change into ITVX and they will provide subtitles.

I'll wait and see first.

This message was authored by prescol This message was authored by: prescol

Sky does not have ITVHub it has ITV catch up, so I'm not sure whether it will have ITVx

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@prescol wrote:

Sky does not have ITVHub it has ITV catch up, so I'm not sure whether it will have ITVx

Sky Glass/Stream already has ITVX. Sky Q currently has the ITV Hub, but will get ITVX at some point.

This message was authored by prescol This message was authored by: prescol

My sky q box doesn't have ITV hub or ITVx as an app. It does have itv catch up

This message was authored by NuttyNightBird This message was authored by: NuttyNightBird

Major issues with accessing live television through stream!!!

My mother has dementia and cannot navigate the complex menu on sky stream. I have added her favourites so she can choose her most watched channels using numbers 1-9 on the remote... but these only work once live TV is actually playing.

When turning the TV on, the sky box defaults to the stream menu rather than her last watched channel. There is no EASY way of getting on to live TV (or your last watched channel) because the 'Sky' and 'backup' buttons don't work like they did on SkyQ/HD - in fact they do nothing at all. If she accidentally presses the home button (muscle memory) she becomes stuck on the menu. You cannot type a channel number or a favourite channel number from within the stream menu - you are FORCED to navigate by scrolling through multiple menus and browsing guides to select a channel/program - which she cannot do. It is impossible for her to use. She spent 2 hours today just staring at the menu....

I also find not being able to easily 'back up' incredibly frustrating when it's something we have grown accustomed to after years and years with Sky. 

I have read a few other people had the idea of a customisable button on the remote or a customisable menu. This would be ideal. There is a massive market of disabled/special needs customers that Sky is alienating here. It would even be great to reduce access/visibility for kids in their bedrooms too! This is a huge untapped market for Sky!

Please help!!!!

On another note: when scrolling through the TV guide 'tv shows/kids/movies' etc, it is a complete guessing game at which one you are a choosing because your selection isn't highlighted, the guide doesn't change and half the guide is blocked out. Very very poor design Sky.....

Hi, apparently either SKYor ITV, not sure which have " issues" enabling SkyQ subscribers from being able to watch ITVX, we have ITV catch up with no subtitles.

I've been assured that when ITVX finally launches on SkyQ subtitles will be available. Perhaps someone from Sky could inform SkyQ subscribers if this is correct, and when will ITVX be available on the Sky platform?

This message was authored by Jed26 This message was authored by: Jed26

Make subtitles size adjustable or at least copy other available subtitles ie iplayer, you tube etc who all do this better than sky.

This message was authored by PaulRobo This message was authored by: PaulRobo

Sky epg used to have a feature where you could scroll through the epg and mark any programmes that you wanted to Wath. The programmes would then be played automatically as they started, each channel being selected as required. 

This would be a good feature to Re implement. On Sky Glass programmes could be added to the playlists in priority order and continuously play whilst you sit back and watch. That's a playlist. The concept comes from music playlist and that list actually plays, it doesn't require each track to be played individually

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@PaulRobo wrote:

Sky epg used to have a feature where you could scroll through the epg and mark any programmes that you wanted to Wath. The programmes would then be played automatically as they started, each channel being selected as required. 

This would be a good feature to Re implement. On Sky Glass programmes could be added to the playlists in priority order and continuously play whilst you sit back and watch. That's a playlist. The concept comes from music playlist and that list actually plays, it doesn't require each track to be played individually

How will this help people with accessibility needs?

This message was authored by NuttyNightBird This message was authored by: NuttyNightBird

This would be perfect! I could pre-program everything for my mum and she wouldn't even need her remote control!!! Even better if it utilised the 'series link' feature 👍 

I totally agree!

Hiya my awesome son is also autistic and I have the same problem!

Sounds good to me!

We have apps for almost anything and everything, why not a subtitle app! Just an idea!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion