Discussion topic: Sky router controls missing from MySky app

This message was authored by Adam159 This message was authored by: Adam159

Re: Sky router controls missing from MySky app

OK so after the engineer visit I learned a couple of things, firstly there is a known issue with the my sky app and android phones, the bar codes you scan on things like boosters does not work, also some other bugs for android users on the app.

Secondly items that sky send u out via post I.e your router and your first booster pod have the bar code scaned befor sending out and that's how they get on to your app. I'm presuming mine was scaned and it just took time to find it's way on to the app. Maybe your router isn't on there because this wasn't done befor they sent your router out??! To get around this u would have to use a apple phone and scan the bar codes on the device box to add it to ur app, the engineer did this for me for the second and third booster he brought and they appeared on my app straight away. I would highly recommend ringing sky and insisting they send out an engineer, or just request a second booster  and they will bring it anyway and maybe they can add your router while they are there. Hope this helps.

This message was authored by Rob691 This message was authored by: Rob691

Hi I'm having same problem of router not showing in MySky.  Been told it is a tel number porting issue and sky blaming Openreach.  We are 8 days into the saga ... keep getting different info as to timescales etc so i will try Tripadvisor ... 

This message was authored by Adam159 This message was authored by: Adam159

I would just request extra booster pods, they will then send an engineer out to deliver them and they will be able to activate it on to your app. When you ring them they will just keep telling u to delete and reinstall the app. How long have you been connected it took over a week for mine to finally show on the app, funnily enough it happened the morning the engineer came out!!

BigDave1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by BigDave1980 This message was authored by: BigDave1980

I don't actually have any booster pods and I don't want to pay for them so I can't really go down that route, but others who do have the pods may want to give it a try.

BigDave1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by BigDave1980 This message was authored by: BigDave1980

@Rob691 I think you're right about it being a telephone number porting issue. I lost my landline telephone number when switching to full fibre despite initially being told over web chat that they'd been able to arrange for me to keep it. My order was then rejected by BT and it was down to the request to keep the number. In order for Sky to be able to push the order through again, I had to agree to lose the number after all. I have seen an email somewhere (or on the Sky website, can't remember) where it mentioned my new bumber but it doesn't work. When i call the number it doesn't go through. If I plug a phone into the back of our hub, it's dead. So yes, I think the problem is to do with the telephone side of things.

I also think it's down to greedy Sky selling their super duper max plus Wi-Fi product, then for whatever reason supplying the new white router to all new fibre customers regardless of whether or not they subscribe to the service. I think in order to unlock those settings in your app they basically have to let you have the premium service for free, which of course they're not going to be keen on doing if they can help it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion