Discussion topic: Sky compatible routers

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Sky compatible routers

@ShaunC85 

It looks to be correct.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by ShaunC85 This message was authored by: ShaunC85

@mae-3 @Hey I'm currently trying to set up the Tp link and I've put into the openreach socket and it not picking the internet up, the internet light is just flashing now and then. And ideas?

@ShaunC85 

If one has set up the TP-Link as a VDSL2 bridge to ethernet (VLAN 101) and connected the Asus and set up it with the instructions in the thread then it should authenticate with Sky and connect.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

image.jpg

@mae-3  I've plugged the tp link into the open reach socket on the wall but the internet light won't stay solid just flashes now and then, goes solid for about 2 seconds and then flashes again. 

@ShaunC85 

Is the TP-Link configured connected to the Asus with the correct DHCP Option 61 credentials?

-------

@mae-3  I've not connected it to anything else yet. I thought I need to connect to the wall first set it up and put it into bridge mode? Also my devices in the house are stick picking up the old sky router even though it's unplugged is this normal

@ShaunC85 

The TP-Link and Asus together need setting up and it will not remain connected on its own without configuration, eg: it isn't plug-and-play. And one can set up the wireless SSID to the same as the Sky unit if it makes life easier.

-------

@mae-3  I've got it on I'm just setting it up now, it, do I need to enable VLAN id?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ShaunC85 

Enable and set to 101 on the tp link

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@ShaunC85 

Yes, on the TP-Link and it should be set to a VLAN of 101 for VDSL2.

-------

@mae-3 @cookiemonsteruk  I've done as you guys have suggested and it's in bridge mode. It's still plugged into the sky hub, shall I plug the asus into the tp link now and get them set up together and then disconnect the tp link from the sky hub when I'm done? Then plug the tp link into my openreacn socket?

@ShaunC85 

Yes, set up the Asus with the credentials 'anything@skydsl|anything' whilst connected to it by LAN with the WAN port disconnected currently. Then disconnect Sky Hub and connect TP-Link to the broadband line and Asus to the TP-Link by ethernet taking note of the port you have used to set it for LANx ethernet to the WAN port of the Asus. It should then connect...

-------

IMG_0873.png

@mae-3   Is this where it asks client 61?

@ShaunC85 

Yes, those are the correct credentials for DHCP Option 61 that you have provided.

-------

IMG_0875.png

IMG_0876.png

@mae-3  I thought I'd done everything but when I disconnected everything and plugged the tp link into the wall the internet was present. If I log in the tp link now it's got this screen

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion