Discussion topic: Discovery plus not working

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Ammo79 This message was authored by: Ammo79

Re: Discovery plus not working

@SDR thanks look forward to it

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ammo79  What @SDR  says. They will have you email that you sent your account up with or the one you log on here with. 

This message was authored by Roxy+123 This message was authored by: Roxy+123

My discovery plus is not working. I have sky q and I signed up for free discovery plus but it telling me to upgrade now and get an entertainment pass which will charge me. 
can you help .

This message was authored by SimonKnows This message was authored by: SimonKnows

I had the same problem

Follow the directions on Sky site BUT the main thing to remember is that the equipment you're using to set up (laptop/phone) etc MUST be connected to the same wifi as your Sky box.  I was trying to set up using my phones data and SkyQ was connected to my wi-fi!  It will only work if both are connected to the SAME wi-fi/broadband system.

This message was authored by loobyloo2010 This message was authored by: loobyloo2010

can't net discovery + working keeps asking me to update package! I've tried everything that everyone has suggested it's driving me crazy. 

Since the update that added Amazon prime video, D+ just started working

This message was authored by loobyloo2010 This message was authored by: loobyloo2010

It's just started working after trying the same thing over and over again don't know what made it work but happy it's working stress over.😌 

Took me weeks to get login and the program I wanted to watch as expired 

This message was authored by kghunter This message was authored by: kghunter

I have registered through Sky Q and activated my account but everytime  I try to watch anything I get about 30 seconds into it and it switches my Sky Q box off.

This message was authored by SWnetty This message was authored by: SWnetty

I only get to watch 2-3 minutes before it turn in to a black screen, have to go back to SKY homescreen and restart the app, log in, confirm being over 15, in order to watch another 2-3 minutes. When checking the support section it asks if watching on laptop, android, IOS, tablets, LG or Samsung TV Which I use none of however there's nowhere to actually download the app to use with the SKY subscription. So I'm damned if i do and likewise if I don't - stuck in catch 22.

This message was authored by Old+Man+Matski This message was authored by: Old+Man+Matski

I just had the Sky Q box installed yesterday. Discovery plus showed up in the apps initially and I signed up to the 12 months free using my phone. Since then the Discovery plus app has disappeared from my Sky Q box. I've tried all the steps to try and recover but to no avail. It works fine on my phone. 

This message was authored by Nevada111 This message was authored by: Nevada111

Lost the will to live.

This message was authored by Yisyis This message was authored by: Yisyis

Sky manage to make simple task ridiculously complicated once again! I've tried different methods of signing up for my free disc+ but nothing works. Back to Netflix, they manage to keep things really simple. 

This message was authored by SWnetty This message was authored by: SWnetty

It started working for me when I did a manual update of the sky box.

This message was authored by janeen This message was authored by: janeen

me too, im going around in circles

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion