Discussion topic: Discovery plus not working

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jamie+nodle This message was authored by: Jamie+nodle

Re: Discovery plus not working

Yeah all I want to know no is how do I get my free gift of 1-year Discovery plus one free of charge it keeps trying to charge me, I believe this is on purpose greed

This message was authored by LuluC1 This message was authored by: LuluC1

I have read through all the tips here a d tried every single one. I've even had 2 lengthy phone calls with Sky and still no joy. I have D+ and have done all the pairing etc. My issues is it wants me to upgrade before watching anything. I would love to, as I get 12 months free, but it won't let me. We have tried through Sky Q, Sky website, Discovery on laptop and mobile and I just get an error code in the TV, the website says it's not possible to checkout at the moment and Sky are making notes and saying it should rectify itself. I don't see how when we have tried absolutely everything. What else could it possibly be??

I hate being outsmarted by tech 🙂

This message was authored by tivgroom This message was authored by: tivgroom

Absolute waste of time, sick of trying & telephoning, signed up last year for a 12 month free trial of D+ as offered,  but it's impossible to get it working, round & round in circles, phoned shy many times & absolutely useless, just lots of stress, we are now to the point of considering just using Netflix as Sky offer me no help at all, put me through to their technical Dpt who also have no idea, no one will listen, I signed up last year & it won't let me sign in, just goes round in circles back to the same page, suck to the back teeth with Shy now, my hubby wants to pack Shy in & just use our Netflix's, just causes more stress, frustration beyond belief ! Just offers me 7 day trial online now on the online page, @SKYQ

This message was authored by Cosyblanket This message was authored by: Cosyblanket

I have my Discovery+ went to try to activate it and I keep getting this message we are having trouble pairing your device that's before I even put the code in thought this was to be so bloody simple lol 

This message was authored by ptwillow This message was authored by: ptwillow

Discovery + is a waste of everyone time

it simply does not work with Sky Q and nobody is interested in helping

this is the only App on Sky Q you cannot login to

it surely must be removed or repaired 

Discovery+ then blame peoples TV brand and only helps connecting via internet (not sky q)

I am confident this is a con otherwise SKY would want it to work

This message was authored by Cosyblanket This message was authored by: Cosyblanket

@ptwillow I called sky the the guy I got never even took my details anyway he couldn't help me so decided to get in touch with Discovery+ customer service OMG what a waste of time first he told me to take the app off then reinstall it then switch my sky off what 2 mins but hurry up when u do this a thought omg are u for real. I explained that if he read my message then he wld know that it's a Sky App I cannot just take it off, then he said you will have to contact Sky again if u had read my first message properly you wld have known that I spoke to Sky. If you are a Customer Service Adviser then I advise u get proper training. That was a waste off 15 mins that am never getting back. But will phone sky back as when I 1st tried to watch Discovery+ I couldn't go on to it as my box needed paired again so no sure if they have done something. Grrr so bloody annoying

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ptwillow 

I had Discovery plus working fine on Sky q. So not really a con. Yes it takes a bit of work to get it working but it does really work. 

This message was authored by ptwillow This message was authored by: ptwillow

Well it don't work and neither SKY nor Discovery wish to offer any assistance

adding an app or download platform should be very simple

it isn't and this feels deliberate, especially by discovery who won't even discuss SKY Q activiation

This message was authored by GH2609 This message was authored by: GH2609

I have spent hours on the phone to Sky customer support and bounced around to different departments within Sky, but it is impossible to get Discovery+ working on the Sky Q box. Four weeks on and 9 support calls later, I finally got a texted respond from Sky,  see below:

917930D7-8176-423C-B1E8-5728B55A9474.jpeg

This obviously confirms Sky are aware that it doesn't work, but as this has been going on since 2020, they still take customers on a wild goose chase😡

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GH2609 

There's only a few months left to run of the free offer through Sky anyway.....so is it worth all the hassle 

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by steviemg1 This message was authored by: steviemg1

Hi Guys, I think I may have solved this problem...!!!!

Here goes, I also had the same problem, Discovery+ was working then it stopped, I was using the free 12 months offer.

I also spent HOURS on the phone, resetting apps, updating software, everything and they admitted that they could not resolve this as we had gone through all the processes.

The system seemed to be working as it gave me the 6 digit code which was accepted online by Discovery and paired the device, HOWEVER, when I checked my email address in my profile, it was different to the one Discovery send me updates (I have two email addresses) so, I went incognito to hide my IP address, went to the login screen and entered the other email and password (which was the same for both) once it was accepted, go to devices and logout of discovery on Sky Q and try to login again, it will give you the six digit code, enter this on the Discovery website and it will fix the problem, no longer asks you to upgrade (providing you are still within the 12 months).

Hope this helps guys, any questions, please let me know.

Steve.

This message was authored by GH2609 This message was authored by: GH2609

Followed your suggested steps but didn't work in my case.

This message was authored by steviemg1 This message was authored by: steviemg1

Hi,

Just to confirm the steps that worked for me:

1.   Go to your email inbox and search for an email from Discovery +. Check which email address they sent the mail to. This will be your login email later.

2.   Right-click on google chrome and select `in-cognito`

3.   Go to the Discovery + website and select log-in.

4. Sign in with the email address you found earlier and complete the details, password, D.O.B etc.

5.  Once logged in, go to your account icon at the top right of the screen.

6.   Next page click devices (ad device/pair)

7.   Go to the Discovery + app on your TV, logout and try to login again using the `Continue with sky activation` button.

8.   Take a note of the six digit code in the blue box.

9.    Enter the code in the devices box on the Discovery website and press enter.

10.   The TV should now be paired. Select a program to watch and it should work.

If I can help any further, please let me know.

Good Luck

Steve. 

This message was authored by Analogue+D This message was authored by: Analogue+D

Total and utter disaster trying to access the 12 month Discovery + on Sky. Updated software, did a hard reset, powered down powered  as per guidance. All further steps bear no relationship with what I am seeing either on screen or via my connected device. It shouldn't be this hard and the reason I will be leaving Sky at the end of the contract

This message was authored by Analogue+D This message was authored by: Analogue+D

Still not working. The process bears no resemblance to what I see on- screen

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion