Discussion topic: Software won't update

This message was authored by sam3455677 This message was authored by: sam3455677

Software won't update

My Mini boxes stopped working for live TV and can't get access to recordings.

Have done all the typical troubleshooting to no avail.

I did notice that the latest software for my box is Q180.000.17.00, but it is at Q180.000.16.00.

I've tried to update the manually but it won't update, I'm wondering if this is whats causing the issue (my main box is absolutely fine although still won't update).

Any suggestions before I call up?

Thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Software won't update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @sam3455677 the version is a minor revision and will not be the cause of your problems

(Edit : P.S. I think your mini software may be set to match your main box)

Many problems on the minis are actually due to the main box, thus I recommend a power down restart of your main box :

Use the remote to place it into standby mode

Then remove the power to it (either switch off at mains or remove the power plug)

Wait at least 30s

Then re-apply the power & wait for it to fully restart - this may take a few minutes.

Once the main box is restarted do the same power down on the mini box.

sam3455677
Topic Author
This message was authored by sam3455677 This message was authored by: sam3455677

Ah okay so not the software then.

All boxes (inc. main box) have been restarted, I also reset my broadband even though it's not that.

I've reactivated all the connections to no avail. The mini boxes are still not playing nice.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@sam3455677 wrote:

Ah okay so not the software then.

All boxes (inc. main box) have been restarted, I also reset my broadband even though it's not that.

I've reactivated all the connections to no avail. The mini boxes are still not playing nice.

Sorry the main box restart  hasn't cured your problem - which it usually does.

I am not too sure what else to suggest, myself,  but someone else may have further thoughts

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Hi @sam3455677 I have escalted your issue to Sky, someone should make contact with you at some point. Look out for a message from Sky. 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - we spoke to sam3455677 and booked an engineer. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion