Discussion topic: Sky dish hanging in by 2 screws

This message was authored by Emmajjj This message was authored by: Emmajjj

Sky dish hanging in by 2 screws

My sky dish is hanging on by 2 screws and making an awful noise, can't get an engineer visit till 7th March!!!! 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky dish hanging in by 2 screws

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emmajjj If you've already reported this to Sky and booked an engineer there's not a lot more the forum can suggest other than trying to arrange a local company to repair which would be at your own expense. Make sure they have the correct equipment to realign the dish as well as securing it. The delay will no doubt be due to the countless number of customers suffering similar issues. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Emmajjj 

Worth noting that Sky contracts transfer ownership of the dish and associated cabling to the subscriber upon installation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Emmajjj 

Worth noting that Sky contracts transfer ownership of the dish and associated cabling to the subscriber upon installation.

Agreed. @Emmajjj It should be treated as if your standard aerial has come loose - you need to try & get a local trade to come out (this assumes that it is a private address & not a shared setup)

I am just another Sky customer!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion