Discussion topic: Is this a scam refund

This message was authored by Crowner This message was authored by: Crowner

Re: Is this a scam refund

After calling the normal sky number to ask about whether this was legitimate, I have just received a text from sky saying the amount will be in my bank in 3-5 working days. It doesn't help to confirm it's safe when the text has come with my name all in lower case letters. I was asked on the phone for my name, address and last two numbers of bank account. I haven't been a sky customer since April 2022 so it's all very odd.

This message was authored by henry122 This message was authored by: henry122

I am in a similar situation. I cancelled my sky contract in February 22. I do remember them saying that they owed me some money . Not sure why they have taken nearly a year to offer me a refund via some dodgy looking email. I will give customer services a ring.

This message was authored by Scorpion19 This message was authored by: Scorpion19

Credit refund scam?

I recieved an email saying I should ring a number at sky as I am owed a refund I am a current sky glass customer as well as sky mobile so wouldn't they issue a refund to my account not email me to ring a number can't seem to find any info but on my the amount to be credited to me is on sky talk and and broadband section as it has a  -amount but I have never had a broadband account so is this a scam thanks

This message was authored by TimEls This message was authored by: TimEls

So can we confirm if this is a scam or if it's legit? I have had the same email for £30.40

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

I checked this out and can confirm it is a legitimate email from Sky. Our normal process for refunds after cancellation is to refund to the Direct Debit on file however if this has been removed we have to process these a little differently.

I'm going to escalate your posts to our Community Messaging team who may be able to help you here so you don't need to call Sky directly, if not the team can direct you to where you can contact 🙂 For some reassurance, here is how our Community Messaging team work, see here. Keep an eye out for a chat bubble appearing on your screen, an agent will be with you as soon as they can.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Scorpion19 This message was authored by: Scorpion19

I've had one as well for 44.13

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @henry122 and @TimEls 

I have escalated your posts to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Credit refund scam?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scorpion19 

I have moved your post to a topic already discussing this where you can see that this is legit. You have received this because you have an outstanding amount of credit on your account that needs to be refunded to you.

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Scorpion19

Your original post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom

I ignored the email and called customer service. 0333 7591 018. I asked them to confirm the refund amount. They wanted my password and the last two digits of my bank account and said the money will arrive in my account in the next 3-5 days.

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with Scorpion19 we accessed the account and processed the refund accordingly.

It was great speaking with you Scorpion19 and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom

It turned out it was not a scam after contact with sky all sorted

I don't think Sky did themselves any favours with a pointless email telling people to type in their SkyID at the top of the letter which didn't exist. Then when you typed in your Sky ID it wasn't recognised and they cut you off. Poor from Sky,no wonder everyone was spooked into thinking it was a scam

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@henry122 wrote:

I don't think Sky did themselves any favours with a pointless email telling people to type in their SkyID at the top of the letter which didn't exist.

From what you have said you must have received a slightly different email as the one posted at the top of this page and one quoted by another member do suggest calling.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this chat now, please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we help you with. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion