Discussion topic: Cancelling SkyQ order

This message was authored by Alec36 This message was authored by: Alec36

Cancelling SkyQ order

Good evening

I am 86 years old and deaf. I have been a customer with SKY for 23 years. I have recently lost my wife and to cheer me up my family thought I might like to upgrade from my old Sky + box to Sky Q

Having placed the Order, it seems I will not get full benefit as I dont have broadband/internet etc. I just get my family to do stuff for me.

My daughter in law tried to cancel today.They wont cancel because we could only remember 2 of the 3 security questions and just want to speak to me despite being told over and over again that Im deaf.

They wont help me, refuse to cancel and say they will charge me £25 if I dont let the engineer in

Can anyone help ?

I asked for the complaints address but they said I cant complain.  I will write to SKY but installation is due in a few days and need help now.

Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Cancelling SkyQ order

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alec36 
It may be worth registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/ 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Alec36 
It may be worth registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/ 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Alec36  As we are customers here there isn't much we can do, I would however suggest you register through the Accessibility Team https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky-accessibility

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Alec36
Topic Author

Thank you all. I will get my family to register with the accessibility service for me

Good evening

Alec

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @Alec36 

I have escalated your post to the SKY team that assist customers here.

I must, however, point out they may need to be able to go through the Security qestions with you.

I am not 100% sure they can directly assist but may be able to give advice on how to take this forward

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP adress' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@nigea99 wrote:

hi @Alec36 

I have escalated your post to the SKY team that assist customers here.

I must, however, point out they may need to be able to go through the Security qestions with you.

I am not 100% sure they can directly assist but may be able to give advice on how to take this forward

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP adress' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

@nigea99  the escalation team won't be able to help other than give the same advice as what @GD1 and @Daniel0210 have already given has they can't process cancellations 

cc @Alec36 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Alec36
Topic Author

Thank you for escalating.

Hopefully this will help

You are all very kind

God bless

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Good morning, unfortunately our team does not process cancellations. 

Perhaps the best team to speak to is our value team which is accessible via chat @Alec36

If you can use this chat facility, then they can go through additional security to get into the account. Security questions which we can't ask 3rd party callers. So you should be able to get through that via the chat and then have the discussion about cancelling. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv

Opening hours: Mon-Sun 09:00-19:30

There is also the option to cancel your installation via the mysky app or on sky.com which I will post below. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/reschedule-your-sky-tv-engineer-appointment

Sorry that our community chat team cannot assist further on this. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Many thanks for that @Lisa-P1987 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion