Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Martin1009 This message was authored by: Martin1009

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Thank you - yes, the match did finally appear on the red button option, after completion of 1 1/2 sets. We were able to watch the last 4 games...

Still ridiculous to have the same match on the Main Event and Tennis channels.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martin1009 wrote:

Thank you - yes, the match did finally appear on the red button option, after completion of 1 1/2 sets. We were able to watch the last 4 games...

Still ridiculous to have the same match on the Main Event and Tennis channels.

@Martin1009 because thats the surpose of the Sky Sports Main Event channel, it simulcasts the "biggest sporting event" currently running from one of the other Sky Sports channels. Its designed for general sports fans who want to catch different sporting events, and also for commercial premises, where its easier to keep a TV on one channel to show sporting events than repeatedly having to keep switching between the various Sky Sports Channels.

There are few exceptions to this, i believe on the final day of the PL season there is a unique game broadbast on Main Event, but thats because all the games kick off at the same time and Sky typically show 3 or 4 games.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Enilorac This message was authored by: Enilorac

I've been watching using sky sports app on android tablet. Great at the moment as I'm getting choice of matches without commentary, just the courtside sound and exchanges between umpire and players. 

This message was authored by Bubblesjs This message was authored by: Bubblesjs

@EYPATTY I am not getting any courstide sound or commentary on the Rune Dimitrov match is that the same for others?

This message was authored by andros2014 This message was authored by: andros2014

Yes I gave the same frustratiin of absolutly no sound at all for the Rune Dimitrov match. Its highly annoying. The other 2 matches on the ref button have sound. Without any sound is awful.

This message was authored by Bubblesjs This message was authored by: Bubblesjs

@andros2014 I agree 

This message was authored by Lorraine+C+C This message was authored by: Lorraine+C+C

@andros2014 

I emailed sky about 40 minutes ago and still no sound at all on Rune match - hopeless

This message was authored by Lorraine+C+C This message was authored by: Lorraine+C+C

Anybody out there

on Skq Q you can get to the red button matches using red button, saying Tennis to remite and also selecting Sport from home screen then tennis.

any idea if red button content can be got to on Sky Go?

This message was authored by andros2014 This message was authored by: andros2014

I know. I've just messaged Gigi Salmon (lead sky tennis presenter). Not holding out much hope to hear the match at all. 

This message was authored by HonMayo This message was authored by: HonMayo

Can we have some sound on the red button?

This message was authored by Joe0473 This message was authored by: Joe0473

No sound on red button view sky sports tennis

Channel 407 there is sound press red button the mfch with rune and dimitrov plays with no sound match also on red button sinner vs stuff plays with sound ⁉️⁉️

@HonMayo 

You need to email sky support to ask them.  The community can help with questions but not fixing stuff that is broken

Rune / Dimitrov sound is fixed. Dont think there is commentary though

Great - I'm watching via the red button and there is commentary. Finally!

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

It looks like the commentary on the red button was short lived, not there again today!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion