Discussion topic: Sky Talk Shield - cannot amend via the website or My Sky App

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Talk Shield

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@blondie43 wrote:

Yes, she has a Panasonic phone so I'll look into what gadgetry it has included. Thanks for the tip

@blondie43 it will probably have a call blocker, but not Truecall.

This message was authored by tedglen This message was authored by: tedglen

Re: Sky Talk Shield - cannot amend via the website or My Sky App

@Jitty1 

I was told the very same thing weeks ago. The Sky engineer actually told me things that I suspect that  they shouldn't really have done regarding this, including that around 20,000 users were affected. Regrettably, I cannot divulge the rest of that conversation here without the post contravening site terms and conditions and upsetting the moderators. (I've already tried!)

This message was authored by Dawn-Tracey This message was authored by: Dawn-Tracey

@tedglen  @Jitty1  im more stunned that after months of being told its being looked into blah blah blah here we are still with a fault and no one cares yes i chose not to send my personal details to my sky account through here or chat as been told so many times it was being worked on where i come from if you didnt do your job you wouldnt have 1  if they work i  tech and cant fix a tech problem we pay enough money to sky every month. Be honest it will never be fixed.

This message was authored by blondie43 This message was authored by: blondie43

I wonder HOW MANY folk have actually turned Talk Shield on?

20,000 maybe?

LOL! 

This message was authored by JonesStA This message was authored by: JonesStA

Still happening and just realised I was not the only one affected. I have had the Server error and separately the Whoops message over the last two weeks (w/c 1st July 24).

The issue is from the App on the iPhone and also the Sky.com website - when I said that the error was on the iphone then they referred me to the sky.com (which has the same error message). I need to be able to see the numbers in the list so I can choose which ones to stop allowing through.

The support person did not realise or convey that this was a wider issue than me although I did say it had been going on for months. 

When will refunds for this occur and a fix?

This message was authored by Philx This message was authored by: Philx

Is it me but when any page says " whoops " it makes me even more stressed ?

This message was authored by Dawn-Tracey This message was authored by: Dawn-Tracey

@Philx  winds me up now its been so long and being futher away from a solution than ever x

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience whilst we work to get this resolved.  We apologise for the length of time it's taken to get a fix in place for the issue regarding Sky Talk Shield.

To confirm, teams are still working hard to get this issue resolved.  In the interim you can still make changes to Sky Talk Shield settings direct from your landline.  You can find full steps for this on each feature via the page here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-talk-shield-using 

Thanks

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by TonyBelvedere This message was authored by: TonyBelvedere

Unable to access sky talk shield

Unable to access sky talk shield in the app and online looks like it's been going on for months have tried all the tips and nothing works unless you dial 1780 and block a number manually 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Unable to access sky talk shield

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyBelvedere I've added yourpost to the existing thread on the subject. As you can see Sky are working on it.

This message was authored by bunnie This message was authored by: bunnie

I am shocked to learn that the problem with Sky Talk Shield is STILL ongoing. I too have lost my star and block list numbers when an sdviser removed and then reinstalled it. I am elderly and am worried I no longer have the confidence concerning averting spam/nuisance calls. Why is this taking so long? I am a diamond customer (23 years) and expected better than this. Very disappointed to say the least. 

This message was authored by Jitty1 This message was authored by: Jitty1

#bunnie i have been with Sky since the early eighties on and off ( more on than off ) i am also very disappointed in the time that this is taking to fix . I will be getting a call in a couple of weeks with a update but i am not holding my breath , because my complaint has been ongoing since April then it will be closed because of how long it has been ongoing even though it probably wont be fixed .

This message was authored by blondie43 This message was authored by: blondie43

I don't understand how they can close an open ticket that has not been solved. 
Maybe, if it's a time thing then simply open a new ticket the day after they close the old one

This message was authored by Fleursmom This message was authored by: Fleursmom

This is what they have done to me repeatedly - absolute shambles

This message was authored by bunnie This message was authored by: bunnie

It really is a disgrace. Even worse, the advisor I spoke to didn't even know this fault originated in April until I told her about the posts on here.  She also didn't know that by removing Sky Tallk Shield and thenl re-instating on my account it would result  in the loss of all my starred and blocked numbers! What is the matter with Sky, why can't they fix this, why don't they train their staff better.............? Come on Sky, give me an explanation, please. I don't think it's a lot to ask!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion