Discussion topic: New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming calls

This message was authored by Glenpaul1 This message was authored by: Glenpaul1

New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming calls

Had the new fibre broadband 3 days now which is working fine no problems, but I can phone out on my landline but can't receive incoming calls, I've tried ringing the landline with my mobile but it just says number not recognised, anyone found a solution 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming c

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Previous posts suggest it can take a few days for the phone service activation to complete, but it may be worth you anyway speaking to Sky about it. If you wish we can ask their messaging team to contact you here (tomorrow) so that you can do that by way of a private online chat.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: New fiber broadband and now landline doesn't accept incoming calls on my landliaccept incoming c

Have you tried calling your mobile to check that your number is what you expect?

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

Yes I've rung my mobile with the landline and no problem, but like I said, ringing the other way landline says it doesn't recognise the number and I've checked the number and its correct. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Previous posts suggest it can take a few days for the phone service activation to complete, but it may be worth you anyway speaking to Sky about it. If you wish we can ask their messaging team to contact you here (tomorrow) so that you can do that by way of a private online chat.

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Mark39 thanks for the reply, its still not working, its really winding me up would be grateful for the help, meanwhile I'm going to try and ring sky, 

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Mark39 Just rang the number checker 17070 and alls well, went with option 3 for a call back, now nearly 60 minutes later no call back 

@Glenpaul1 happy to ask Sky's messaging team to contact you, as I mentioned before, if you wish?

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Mark39 yes that would be really helpful, Thank you.

Should I still ring sky 150? 

@Glenpaul1 I've alerted Sky and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and an email inviting you to chat online. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

For the detail of how it works see this guide:https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

It's really up to you whether you want to call or use the chat.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Glenpaul1  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 Thank you for the invite, but I have spoken to sky this afternoon at length, they spent a lot of time checking their end and going through the setting up of my hub and landline, as my cordless phone is well past its sell by date, I've had it for years, I was advised to get a new one, so I'm of to curries tomorrow to get a dect phone, apparently much searching on the net says that will work,

We will see, 

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 Hi Lisa, well what can I say new phone doesn't work either, and you can't take it back once its been opened, it's got to be a problem with sky fiber broadband, after all it'll phone out so I don't see why it won't accept incoming calls, I'm so angry I feel like I need to send the broadband hub back to sky, I've only been with them since the 2nd July, and I've already reached the end of my tether.

Two phones now that don't work. 

Glenpaul1
Topic Author

What cordless landline phones are people using

New sky super fast broadband and sky max hub (the white one) question is what cordless landline phones are people using that works with this setup, I've tried 2 now and neither will accept incoming calls, but can phone out, its doing my head in 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: What cordless landline phones are people using

@Glenpaul1  I'd say it's more likely a line issue rather than a device issue.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Re: What cordless landline phones are people using

@GD1 wrote:

@Glenpaul1  I'd say it's more likely a line issue rather than a device issue.

So would I,

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion