Discussion topic: how do i add sky stream to my hd+ setup

This message was authored by bill69 This message was authored by: bill69

how do i add sky stream to my hd+ setup

I want to add a sky stream box to my sky+hd setup to see if I like it before I ditch my old +hd system but the Sky website only offers Sky stream to new users. Should I set up my wife as a new user? Any ideas.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: how do i add sky stream to my hd+ setup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Stream is a standalone product, I'm afraid. You can't add it to any other Sky tv platform.

Do be aware it's a very different product, most notably, there's no local recording service and the list of available channels is not the same as Sky+/Sky Q. A pre-requisite is a decent broadband speed.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Sky Stream is a standalone product, I'm afraid. You can't add it to any other Sky tv platform.

Do be aware it's a very different product, most notably, there's no local recording service and the list of available channels is not the same as Sky+/Sky Q. A pre-requisite is a decent broadband speed.

bill69
Topic Author

hi mark39, thanks for reply. I WANT the stream box as a standalone product in a outbuilding that is covered by wifi. surely that would work? my main question is why won't the sky website let me ORDER the stream in the first place.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@bill69  The only way for it be put in the outbuilding is if it has is own registered address with Royal Mail and separate untitly billing for water gas/electric etc 

it won't allow you to order online because it knows you already have tv service and customers switching platforms need to phone as it can't be done online 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

You're only allowed one TV system per address, you cannot have Stream and Sky+HD together

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
bill69
Topic Author

Someone has suggested that the online ordering system is glitchy and I should order by phone instead. Can anyone confirm that this is probably the problem please?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@bill69 wrote:

Someone has suggested that the online ordering system is glitchy and I should order by phone instead. Can anyone confirm that this is probably the problem please?

Sky don't allow this their billing system only allows one system for any given household address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
bill69
Topic Author

Such a pity that Sky's Virtual "assistant" couldn't have told me that in the 30 minutes we were chatting to no avail. Thank you all for your well-informed replies. I'll just stick with my +HD setup until it dies a death.

bill69
Topic Author

Sadly I was only allowed to mark one of you as "the answer" when in fact you all got it right. Mark38 was just the quickest. Thanks again.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@bill69 wrote:

Mark38 was just the quickest. Thanks again.

@bill69 

@Mark39 must have been a close second 😀

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
bill69
Topic Author

Mark39 was 18mins ahead of SKY1992 and Annie+UK who both tied for second place, but they all gave excellent answers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion