Discussion topic: One HD channel has no signal - everything else is fine

This message was authored by Agenais This message was authored by: Agenais

One HD channel has no signal - everything else is fine

My Sky+ box is generally working fine.  But a couple of weeks ago one single channel - ITV HD - suddenly said it had no signal.  I have attached the signal strength pages from a working channel, and the ITV HD page showing no signal on that channel.

All suggestions as to how I can solve this irritating problem will be much appreciated.

I can get ITV. On SD, but obviously prefer HD.27832092-C43A-4515-8C94-4722EE53AB69.jpeg98F5D564-3645-4636-99C8-40B8473346BD.jpeg

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: One HD channel has no signal - everything else is fine

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Looks like a slightly misaligned dish

You can contact Sky using the number here (See the "Need more help?" dropdown near the bottom of the page)

Note: Make sure you have the correct country flag selected in the bottom-right of the page
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Looks like a slightly misaligned dish

You can contact Sky using the number here (See the "Need more help?" dropdown near the bottom of the page)

Note: Make sure you have the correct country flag selected in the bottom-right of the page
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Agenais  If it's still not working after a couple weeks , all I can suggest is that it might be a dish alignment issue in which case the dish may need moving 

if you can't do this yourself phone sky and book an engineer visit (£65 roughly) or find a local installation company 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Agenais
Topic Author

Seems unlikely to me, since every other channel is fine.  I would suspect this if it was a group of channels affected, as when thunderstorms sometimes affect some channels but not others.  In this case it is one single channel.

Agenais
Topic Author

As above, I can't see how this would affect one single channels, and even adjacent ones were unaffected.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Agenais  I know it sounds strange but even the slightest of movement would be enough to knock just one channel off

i think your only course of action is what @Annie+UK  and myself have already suggested 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Agenais
Topic Author

Thanks for your help, which I do appreciate.

i will get it checked - it has been rather windy!

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Could be a failing LNB either way a call to sky or a 3rd party satellite installer will be required to trace the actual issue

Agenais
Topic Author

Having had problems all weekend (bit windy) and checked signal strength on other channels, I am sure you are right, so thanks for your help.  I will visit my local installer tomorrow.  I think the dish has moved (and is wobbling!)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion