SkyStream

I want to change my tv system to Sky Stream from Sky Q

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: SkyStream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenneth10  Then by all means give sky a call as it can't be done online 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

I did mine online 3 weeks ago . Think you are allowed to now .

Sky Q 2TB HDR Box & 1 Mini Box
Sky Signature with Netflix
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Sky Multiscreen
HD & UHD Pack

Virgin Media Gig 1 Broadband
This message was authored by DazLad1 This message was authored by: DazLad1

My advice is DON'T DO IT!

Sky stream is absolutley Sh-rubbish-it!!!

If you watch sports, you either have to watch live or watch at specific replay times for the first week or so.  When you get past that, if it's there to watch (& it isn't always) & with any other replay, you have a massive issue with replay, in that if you want to fast forward or backwards, it jumps back to the start and you have to watch 5 minutes of adverts - I don't mind the adverts but every time you touch FF or Reverse...it's back to the first set of adverts!

If you watch a replay and eventually get back to the bit you want to watch...just before you get to the end, the program just stops a lot of the time - you then have to start watching all over again and FF through to the last 10 or 15 mins - along with the 15 to 30 minutes of adverts (& no, I am not paying monthly to get rid of the adverts because I'm certain I'll be even more disapointed).

I could go on & on & on about how rubbish Stream is but there's not enough room but please, believe me - do not change to Stream!  I am going to speak to Sky in the store in town and try to change to being able to record what I want to watch...even if I have to pay more.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@DazLad1 wrote:

My advice is DON'T DO IT!

& no, I am not paying monthly to get rid of the adverts because I'm certain I'll be even more disapointed).

Well, obviously if you don't pay for ad skipping you can't skip the ads. 

But in general I agree. I wouldn't touch Stream either. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Like I said, I don't mind the adverts but I'm certain that Sky have put in place software that skips you right back to the start of the program, every time you want to Fast Forward or Reverse while watching playback!

I will be trying to get a change, to a system where I can record the programs I want to watch.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Kenneth10 have tried to order online?

Will your BB service deliver a sufficient connection speed?

Do you intend to use WiFi or an Ethernet cable to connect to your router?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Steve93 This message was authored by: Steve93

Mine works perfectly, skip through adverts (free advert skipping until August) then £5 a month, don't mind that, if you don't like it stick with Q, it all depends on your broadband speed & bandwidth, I'm on Virgin 1gig so no issues.

I don't watch sport so can answer that, just the main channels bbc, itv, ch4 , ch5 & Quest

Just give it a go, you have a cooling off period, if you don't like it just s3nd it back to Sky you get plenty of time to test it, 31 days, it's just totally different from Q, I don't mind that there's no hard drive to record programs

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Steve93 wrote:

I don't watch sport so can answer that, just the main channels bbc, itv, ch4 , ch5 & Quest

All of which are FTA🤔

Exiled in HH

@Exiled-in-HH 

So would I notice a difference if I subscribed to Sport & added it to the Playlist?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Steve93 wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH 

So would I notice a difference if I subscribed to Sport & added it to the Playlist?

I've playlisted lots of various different sports form TNT Sports, Eurospots and Sky Sports over the past 6 months and have rarely had an issue. The only issue has been when the playlist hasn't updated with the latest event for events on the TNT/Eurosport platform, but thats not a massive issue as can just open the Discovery + app and watch the replay.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Steve93 wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH 

No ... but your bank balance would😉

Exiled in HH

You absolutely will notice a difference...just as examples:

MotoGP - if you don't watch it on the day, for the next week or two, you can only watch it when they re-schedule the program...if you can't you end up watching it after the next MotoGP race (this isn't just restricted to MotoGP - I've used that as an example).

Some programes aren't put onto Sky Stream at all - I've missed so much sport I wanted to watch because I can't find the program I want so have to watch highlights!

People keep telling me to watch programs on other Apps - great, you may get the program but you have to pay anywhere between £8 & about £15 per month, for each app that you need - great if you have deep pockets!!

Playback on Sky Stream is very, very glitchy!  As soon as you click on FF or FR, you get sent back to the start of the program.  You then have to FF all the way back to where you want to start watching again...if it lets you!  Sometimes, it gets half way there and then skips forward to where you started from and you have to try all over again - right back to the start!!

Overall, Sky Stream for watching sport...or anything else for that matter, is complete rubbish!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion