Discussion topic: Sky sports plus, rugby league .

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky sports plus, rugby league .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vincent1737 wrote:

Hi,i realise that,i should have said that it was a copy of the email i sent to sky.Just airing my views really

Still waiting fot the 24hr response though,27 hrs later.

I would expect that 24 hours to likely not include weekends.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Iain+Adamson This message was authored by: Iain+Adamson

Before sky sports+ went live, the saints game was shown as being one Sky Sports Arena and I had it set to record, but Sky Sports+ went live afterwards and the Sky Soorts Arena channel was changed to Sky Sporrs+ and the scheduled recording was lost. That's why yours did not record. I only noticed an hour into the saints game. 

This message was authored by David51157 This message was authored by: David51157

Sky sports + as far as watching Super League is a downgrade.  At the start of the season Sky made it public that all games would be available on Sky, and in reality this meant you could a watch AND record games. As of August and the change to Sky sports +, this is no longer possible and in my opinion is unacceptable and has resulted in misleading information by Sky. Really disappointed with Sky, we have watched a couple of games, however, the picture keeps breaking up and the sound breaks down, I also have Sky ultrafast Broadband which adds insult to injury. Put things back please or lose customers. 
David 51157

This message was authored by Deewix This message was authored by: Deewix

Suggest sending a mail to 

viewerR@sky.uk, completely agree with your message, posted something similar myself. The Sky customer relations mail above need to get flooded with messages for them to hear the views. I don't think this forum is enough to have any influence but good to hear we all think the same about SS+. 

This message was authored by David51157 This message was authored by: David51157

I have sent an e mail, my contract expires early next year, I will seriously be considering leaving Sky.

This message was authored by stevecase51 This message was authored by: stevecase51

I am often out when matches are on, so I record them and watch them ASAP afterwards.  I  was toying with the idea of ditching Sky altogether when, earlier this year, I was peaseantly surprised that Sky started to show all Superleague matches across the three regular channels (Action, Arena and Mix), especially as I could get these without subscribing to the full Sky sports package.  It meant I could watch live, or record, all the matches of interest to me. Then last Thursday, I came to watch the Saints v Salford match on Arena (which had been re-branded Sky Sports+) and discovered I had to now pay the full subscription. To make matters worse, I found that most matches are now streamed via the red button, and I can't access them via my Sky+HD box (I have to use the SkySports app on an iPad). Worse still, they are not recordable via any means.  Also, last time I checked, the red button matches were not available for download under catch-up.  Unless this changes, there is now little point in me paying for Sky. I will use the link to let Sky know my feelings.

This message was authored by Rover2 This message was authored by: Rover2

Now live SL unavailable, or impossible to find, on SkyGo on iplayer. Very very disappointed.

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

All the listings of future games and channels they are on are shown on the sky sports app under fixtures

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
Leo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leo This message was authored by: Leo

I received a reply from sky to my complaint that superleague viewers have been treated shabbily since SS+ came on air. They informed me that there's much more sport available (football for sure, much less for SL) also lot's of NRL, (I said SUPERLEAGUE  !) 

They failed to address my complaint totally, I only have access to two recordable games, no catch up onstreamed games.

On a brighter note my contract's up at the end of next month.

This message was authored by Deewix This message was authored by: Deewix

I'm waiting for a reply. Expecting to get a similar response though about there being loads more football (yay ... just what I want as a rugby fan!) 

This message was authored by stevecase51 This message was authored by: stevecase51

I'm also waiting for a reply. I'm not expecting them to say anything that indicates they take rugby league seriously and are prepared to listen to what we are saying. That being the case, I will wait untill the end of the season and then ditch Sky altogether. 

All Super League fans who have used Sky Sports for the past 20 years or so and have paid a lot of money over this time should walk from Sky when they are out of contract.  Sky have let the Super League Family down in a big way. Be interesting to see how the "pundits" feel about it or are they in the hands of their masters and will say nowt!

Leo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leo This message was authored by: Leo

Sadly I won't be renewing my sky contract at the end of next month, I also find it hard to believe the RFL didn't know this was coming, if only channel 4 had won the TV rights.

This message was authored by Snorrimon This message was authored by: Snorrimon

Reply from Sky Viewer Relations:

Thanks for your email regarding Super League matches on the new Sky Sports + App.

I am sorry that you feel we are ruining your viewing enjoyment of Super League games, as this is never our intention. This is a new venture for Sky and the SS+ App now brings much more coverage to our viewers via broadband streams. However, you do require Sky Q / Sky Glass or Stream and broadband to access the Sky Sports + App, as well as the complete sports subscription.

[link]

Despite Rugby League matches now being streamed on the new Sky Sports + App, we still provide coverage over on Sky Sports Action (Sky channel 408) There is no recording feature available on the Sky Sports + app itself, you will however be able to do this on the linear channel - I have included our TV schedules website for your convenience:

[link]

The Sky Sports Catch-Up section (access via the Sky Home Page) also provides highlights of Rugby League and NRL fixtures.

We always appreciate feedback from our viewers. These have been logged and passed to Sky Sports Team for their awareness and thanks again for taking the time for writing to us.

Kind regards

So lots of guff about how brilliant Sky Sports+ is, completely (deliberately?) missing the point of my complaint and then something nice and vague about taking feedback on board... Time to investigate SuperLeague+ and binning off Sky...

This message was authored by Chriscoops This message was authored by: Chriscoops

Got exactly the same corporate rubbish... been on phone for 45 minutes tonight... awaiting a response... not adhering to what they promised us

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion