Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by Showboater This message was authored by: Showboater

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

Rebooting the box fixes my issue for a day at most. Reboot seems to take 5mins

This message was authored by Jadekelly11 This message was authored by: Jadekelly11

Help! Lip sync is laggy

Lip sync is like a 3 second delay. It's very irritating. The price we pay for internet and tv I expect this to not be a problem. Been using my phone hotspot for the past 6 years and never had this problem. Only got Wi-Fi because my children have more devices. Can anyone help resolve this issue because I can't stand this it's driving me nuts. 

sky is so hard to get hold of, can never get through to an actual human to talk too. I am not enjoying the sky experience so far and have only been with them a month. 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Help! Lip sync is laggy

@Jadekelly11 

Lip sync has been an issue on Sky Stream for quite a while. Some people seem to get it more than others, or don't notice it as much. 

The advice Sky give is to change the audio output on the puck to PCM or passthrough and see if that helps. 

I also find that turning the puck off at the wall every day for a little while gives it a reboot and clears the cache which then helps lip sync for the rest of the day. 

I agree though that Sky really need to sort it out as it does spoil the experience when it's out and really shouldn't be happening on a subscription service like this. 

This message was authored by Mart+007 This message was authored by: Mart+007

Lip sync issues on every channels. 
changing delay does not work, it send it further out of sync. 
Changed to PCM has solved it but my understanding is I will not get Dolby surround now. 
10th July, 3pm. Literally just got Stream delivered too. Could be a return under the cooling off period at this rate. 

This message was authored by IL36 This message was authored by: IL36

I'm having the same issues.  All four of the boxes.

Bad on all channels, but particularly bad during the England semi-final game on ITV.

I followed the advice to change to PCM Audio and that seems to have fixed it.

This message was authored by Burfeyboy This message was authored by: Burfeyboy

I've had Sky Stream for over a year. I didnt notice a sync issue at all until, I'd guess the last 3 or 4 months, but now we get sync issues regularly.

However, the issue prediminantly seems to be with live streaming tv, rather than catchup which we mostly watch. Maybe its ONLY with live tv, I'm not sure..... need to check that.

Live BBC this evening was way out, and a couple of weeks ago, the live Glastonbury coverage was absolutely awful. 

If i could have a dish in this rental property, I would have Sky Q which is a wonderful product. Sky Stream by comparison is dreadful and I could never recommend it. 

For info I am running a Sky Puk over wifi, with fast BT Fibre broadband, plugged into a Sony Bravia TV via a HDMI lead. 

Please fix this issue. It is ruining our Sky experience. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes unfortunately at this stage there are various issues that need fixed 

1. Tv channels freezing - Sky sports main event uhd froze this evening

2. channels going to black screen and then the puck closing down

3. Menu buttons freeze

4. apps freezing and then puck shuts down - iPlayer is one

5. sometimes when you hover over certain apps it automatically clicks you into them without you even selecting

this is a huge list and there are more

There seem to be several issues still

This message was authored by Burfeyboy This message was authored by: Burfeyboy

Completely agree. The lip sync issue gets my wife very annoyed which as a result  winds me up the most. But if I took the trouble to keep a list of the issues we've had it would be quite long and would certainly include all on your list.

without doubt the worst Sky product I've ever used  

This message was authored by MrsRooney This message was authored by: MrsRooney

As a fellow sufferer, wouldn't it be nice if Sky took the trouble to provide an update on their efforts to correct these issues? I find it interesting that Sky Glass users do not seem to suffer the same issues with their Sky Glass TVs which presumably use the same technology. It's only the puck which is defective. Makes me wonder if this is in fact a hardware defect rather than software. Come on Sky - get it sorted!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MrsRooney wrote:

As a fellow sufferer, wouldn't it be nice if Sky took the trouble to provide an update on their efforts to correct these issues? I find it interesting that Sky Glass users do not seem to suffer the same issues with their Sky Glass TVs which presumably use the same technology. It's only the puck which is defective. Makes me wonder if this is in fact a hardware defect rather than software. Come on Sky - get it sorted!

@MrsRooney  I don't know but suspect the reason is due to the variety of TVs and sound systems that are connected to the Stream puck.  With a glass TV it is a pretty standard setup.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

@Fothergill1 Pretty lame excuse you've given above to be honest. Why is it then that Apple TV+ has no such issues with either of their own content or hosting Netflix and Prime? Especially so when all feeds goes through a high end AVR. Sky looks as though it's puck is made so cheaply as to having chips that are simply not up to the job and they should be replaced with newer better made units, sooner rather than later.

As for Glass is confined in one box and perhaps involves a different chip set. Sky did try their very best to get me to take out a Glass set but that was never an option for me. A couple of my neighbours have Glass and are very happy with it and none have noticed lip sync problems but they were left twiddeling their thumbs when we had a three hour broadband outage a few weeks ago.

This message was authored by Chris4Stream This message was authored by: Chris4Stream

The chipset that Sky are using in their Sky Stream puck will have been tested by the manufacturer with a wide range of different soundbars and hardware, so something else has to be going on.

Where Sky are going WRONG is NOT updating the community.

So there is an issue, we get it, but the silence around the issue we don't.

Just put a sticky note at the top of the forums saying...

1. We know about the issue, thank you to everyone who have taken time to share their experience on these forums.

2. Our team are working on a solution.

3. In the meantime, here is a workaround solution, while not ideal, it will fix the issue for many (detail the fix)

4. We would love to hear amount your individual setups to help us focus in on a fix, please share (again, details of how to share)

If the people running Sky forums just done that, I lot of the confusion, anger, wasted time posting, etc, would be gone is a second,. 

This message was authored by RogerBartlett This message was authored by: RogerBartlett

I coukd not agee more. Absolute silence from Sky. We are in our 31 day cooling off period. If there is no constructive and sensible respinse in thIs time , it's GOODBYE SKY !!!

This message was authored by Ian191 This message was authored by: Ian191

We are having lip sync issues, issues we didn't have before we got Skystream. We had Sky Q before. We still have the same Sonos soundbar as before so the problem is definitely with Sky.

On ALL channels too

This message was authored by Ian+McK This message was authored by: Ian+McK

I hve asked Which Magazine to take look. I think more cosumer pressure is required. I understand systems have issues but next to zero communication is not accpetable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion