Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

@JT_0489 If your Sonos is Atmos capable then you will lose that function if switching to PCM.

This message was authored by jonny221 This message was authored by: jonny221

@JT_0489 see the post above yours. Sky are aware of the issue and have no fix yet and seemingly no timescale of a fix.

The only workaround is to set the audio to PCM.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JT_0489 THe suggestion to move to PCM or passthrough is a temporary solution but of course the choice is yours and you can remain with the lip sync whilst Sky find a solution if that is what you prefer.  I'm, no expert but I think passthrough will still allow surround sound.  When I had the lip sync issue it was only apparent on Auto and I found Dolby Digital Plus was an acceptable compromise.

Good luck 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jord898 This message was authored by: Jord898

Had sky stream since last September and the lip sync is so annoying! I had thought it was because I was using an HDMI E-ARC connection for the soundbar but seeing this thread has made me glad that its not just me. 

Ive tried playing with the audio delay so much! Side note, would he good to see the picture when in the audo delay options so you can tell if its making any difference, virgin box does this. 

Looking forward to this being fixed so I can use Atmos as normal. 

This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

I should be getting a new puck this week. Not only because of the lip sync problems but the puck also fails to play HDR on far too many occasions. I either get HDR and no Atmos or the other way around. It also fails to recognise my TV as being HDR capable and I have to set it up via the three colour button every time I want to watch content in UHD.

I wonder wether the new puck will have the same lip sync problems.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for your continued patience whilst we work continues on this.

We can confirm improvements on this issue are intended to arrive to users in the next release for Sky Stream which is coming soon. 

We apologize again for the time taken to get this fixed.

This has been marked as the best answer (for now) for new users to get the most up to date infromation at the start of the thread. We will continue to update and amend this as more information comes in.

Thanks

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

It's terrible today on Sky sports UHD on the cricket

This message was authored by pauliem1 This message was authored by: pauliem1

is this update for the Puck and Sky Q - i've had both and the issue exists with noth devices

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Can the update also possibly sort the issue on Sky stream with regards to the opening blue screen and saying please wait, this would be great 👍 

I thought I was getting a new puck at the latest by yesterday but no sign of it. Went to watch Prime on the puck but the lip sync was so far out to make it unwatchable. So now my list of problems are lip sync, no Atmos, no HDR which is why the new puck was promised. What am I doing continuing to pay for this crap device.

This message was authored by jonny221 This message was authored by: jonny221

@Daniel-FCan we assume that Sky found the root cause of the problem and the improvement is a fix, rather than it may improve the issue for some people?

This message was authored by Zen14 This message was authored by: Zen14

As a brand new customer who is trying Sky Stream for the first time today the lip sync issue is a big disappointment..... just spent 2 hours trying to solve it and still haven't been able to properly.

Hopefully a fix will come soon.

A discount on the monthly subscription wouldn't be amiss until it does get sorted please!!.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@jonny221 wrote:

@Daniel-FCan we assume that Sky found the root cause of the problem and the improvement is a fix, rather than it may improve the issue for some people?

Indeed. We need a solution, not an "improvement".  

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zen14  I know it is only a temporary solution but have you tried the advice given by Sky and countless other posts on the forum to change your audio settings to PCM or passthrough whilst the find a permanent solution?

In my specific case when I got the lip sync I changed my audio from Auto to Dolby Digital Plus and that seemed to work.  When I received the latest update (QS028) it resolved the issue completely and I have not had it again.  I appreciate this is not the case for many subscribers but Sky are working to find a permanent solution.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Zen14 This message was authored by: Zen14

@GD1 wrote:

Thread title created to reflect current issue

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Yes I've tried all the various options and none of them quite work properly.

To be honest if I'd had known about this issue beforehand I wouldn't have subscribed because my normal setup works perfectly from a lip sync point of view.

Hopefully this will get sorted soon.

Picture quality and actual sound quality I have no complaints about at all.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion