Discussion topic: Playlist British Grand Prix keeps jumping forward 30 seconds

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Phillip_London This message was authored by: Phillip_London

Re: Lagging / jumping when watching sky sports / box office UHD

Im having the exact same issue - when i click "watch from start" then every minute or it jumps forward by about 5 seconds. This is really poor for the amount of money we pay! 

This message was authored by JV371 This message was authored by: JV371

Re: Playlist British Grand Prix keeps jumping forward 30 seconds

1000084983.jpg

Sigh......thanks Sky.  Well worth the money.

Ultrafast fibre, on an ethernet cable and still messes up.

This message was authored by D6UNK This message was authored by: D6UNK

Same here, every 15-30 seconds jumps forward 3-4 seconds. Can't watch it at all like this. Any one know how long it took sky to fix the British GP?

This message was authored by Wallace93 This message was authored by: Wallace93

I'm not sure it even got fixed. I tried it a week later to hear the sky commentary but it was still the same. Highlights on ch4 at 6.30.

This message was authored by Kmb11 This message was authored by: Kmb11

We're having the exact same issue, it was the same with British GP (we switched to Channel 4 like others in this thread), but don't have the same option for this race. The further into the race we get the more frequently it is happening. 

This message was authored by D6UNK This message was authored by: D6UNK

Thanks for the info. I'm less than happy, we pay way to much for the service, it should at least work

This message was authored by RobL817 This message was authored by: RobL817

Exactly the same issue here. Been looking forward to it all day and now I can't enjoy it. Shocking service from sky

This message was authored by DishWish This message was authored by: DishWish

I couldn't watch my Sky Stream recording of the British F1 because of the jumping, but luckily Channel 4 broadcast that entire race so I used that. Same problem now with the Sky Stream recording of the Hungarian F1 race, it's simply unwatchable! I only subscribed to Sky Sports for the F1, no other sports interest me, therefore I have just cancelled my Sky Sports subscription, which I was paying for monthly. It's disappointing, but I will just catch highlights on Channel 4 henceforce. Unfortunately, my current rental property won't allow installation of a Sky Dish. I found my decades of Sky dish experience SO much better than my couple of years of Sky streaming.

This message was authored by jpswer This message was authored by: jpswer

I'd recommend everyone having the issue to lodge a complaint. I did for the British GP and they insisted that noone else was having the issue. Eventually they "resolved" it by giving me a Sky Store voucher but the more people lodging complaints the better especially people on Ethernet. Hungarian GP was fine this time 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

This message was authored by Minskyshaun This message was authored by: Minskyshaun

Just f'ing awful. I've just signed up for Sky Sports via Stream and cannot believe how shockingly bad this is. Awful awful awful 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So it's seemingly an issue with the playback.

Everyone who has this issue should send an email to the viewer relations team viewerR@sky.uk.

This is the best and quickest way to report these types of issues and they will then get passed to the correct Sky backend team to fix and resolve. 

Posting in the forum won't necessarily get the attention from Sky immediately and would only do so during normal working hours anyway.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Also just to add similar to the British Grand Prix it's not the entire race that's affected, the issue stops at around lap 15/16 which is about the same length into the race it started working for the British Grand Prix so for those still wanting to watch the race it isn't like it's completely preventing it if you battle through the first 20-25 minutes of the race show.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Wallace93 This message was authored by: Wallace93

I rang sky when this happened during the British GP. They said they were aware of the issue and were working on a fix so they clearly haven't got to the back of it.

This message was authored by Alliremember This message was authored by: Alliremember

I saw the notifications of this thread coming through while we were out yesterday so figured that they hadn't fixed the problem - then sure enough when we sat down to watch it was still skipping. 🙄

Despite the fact the stream cleared up after a while again, the fact it skips and judders at all isn't the level of quality or service expected from Sky TV. 

I have complained today and sent the link to this thread so they can see that "no one else is having this issue" isn't a true statement. 

Let's see if they manage to do anything for the next race; always a downside of having a sole provider for these things; as soon as they get the contract they have carte blanche to give as poor of a service as they like.  

This message was authored by Allistrach This message was authored by: Allistrach

Well, in case anyone is interested, we just couldn't get beyond the glitches abd inferior picture and sound of Glass despite following every you tube video and piece of forum advice. So back to trusty Sky Q and a brand new Samsung TV and well, it's like we're home! And we'll be a le to watch this weeks GP as it should be (other than being there in person !) 

it's such a shame as the concept of Glass and Stream is brilliant but the execution has a little way to go before I'll be enticed back 😢

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion