Discussion topic: Sky Stream Availability

This message was authored by RobBarden This message was authored by: RobBarden

Sky Stream Availability

I'm just wondering if someone can explain why Sky Stream would only be available to me if I purchase Sky Glass and not as a standalone product - surely it's internet based so location is irrelevant as long as I have the internet speed (which I do, I'm on BT Full Fibre 900).

I looked to cancel my Sky+HD due to signal issues and expense, agreed to go to Sky Q but the engineer advised line of sight prevented that and was the reason for the recent HD issues (trees along the rail line!!!), so I should ask about Sky Stream.  I call today, only to be given a very hard sell on Sky Glass, told there is no option for me to take Sky Stream and that I could not cancel as I was in contract until 2025 (which was on the basis that I was upgrading to Sky Q) but then also look to sell me internet "for the best deal"!

I've sorted the cancellation but can't understand the lack of Sky Stream in my area, so wondered if I am being stupid or just mis-sold.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Stream Availability

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RobBarden I would call again as I dont think there is a restriction for you to buy Stream. The agents do sometimes do the hard sell and they probably get more commission for a Glass sale than Stream. Sky will probably insist on a two year contract rather than a rolling 31 days if you are still in contract with Sky HD+.. If stuck raisexa formal complaint see 
How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
RobBarden
Topic Author

Thanks for the advice @Chrisee, I'll give that a go and see what happens, maybe after a few days to ensure someone sensible gets the call!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@RobBarden when my Sky + HD minimum term was up in November and i called Sky i had to specifically ask for a price for Sky Stream, as the CS agent was only interested in either selling me Sky Q or Sky Glass ( i had to tell them 3 times i didn't want a new TV but would be interested in Sky Stream if the price was correct).

In the end the offshore agent told me they couldn't sell Sky Stream and instead transferred me over to a UK agent who indeed could provide a quote for Sky Stream.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

RobBarden
Topic Author

Thanks @MarkGoldsmith, I'm confident I was very clear that I did not want Glass and could not have Q (which the engineer reported back).  I was transferred to a UK agent for the cancellation but there was no mention that they could do anything.

I will follow up another day and see if I can speak to someone that understand the product.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Sky are getting desperate to empty that Sky Glass TV warehouse🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@RobBarden 

I suspect that despite the Q cancellation there's still some trace of it in your account details which now blocks Stream on a rolling contract because it appears you are within a Q minimum term.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Hi

Did you get this sorted? Sky Stream is definitely available as a stand alone service and separate to Sky Glass.

RobBarden
Topic Author

Not yet but everything suggests there is an issue with knowledge, as it looks like I can order Sky Stream if I'm not an existing customer as I tried with a different email address.

I'll leave it a few days to allow the details to update and then see if I can speak to someone sensible that will listen, understand and then not simply reply "computer says no".

Thanks everyone for your replies/suggestions!

This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know how long an order takes to drop off your account. 

sky auto cancelled my stream order due to Q contract and all I now see on the My Sky app is the stream package with 'we are sorry to see you go' and watch until 26/06/24 under each sub and puck. 

There is no mention of my Q account at all. 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Ben1980 wrote:

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know how long an order takes to drop off your account. 

sky auto cancelled my stream order due to Q contract and all I now see on the My Sky app is the stream package with 'we are sorry to see you go' and watch until 26/06/24 under each sub and puck. 

There is no mention of my Q account at all. 

Is your Q subscription not listed under a different account number? You usually get a new account for Streaming TV but the old Q one should still remain. 

This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

If I click on the person icon top left, I have a Q and streaming account number but this is the only reference to Q on the app. 

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Have you tried going into the 'my details' section of your profile and then 'manage my ID' section?

IMG_3259.jpeg

RobBarden
Topic Author

So, as my cancellation date is now only a couple of days away, I just wanted to provide an update.

I have been unable to secure Sky Stream and complained to Sky.  The response was that I was under contract until 2025 (this is the Sky Q contract that could not proceed due to no line of sight) and that the agent had correctly informed me that I could not have Sky Stream.

Thanks Sky, it's been a fun 19 years!!

This message was authored by PipC This message was authored by: PipC

If your sky q subscription is now out of the contract period. Order Sky Stream using a different email address and you should get the better 'new user' deal, then, when the puck(s) arrive, set it up and if all ok, just call customer service and cancel your sky q subscription. My mate did this and saved a lot of issues and got a better deal being a new customer..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion