Discussion topic: I dropped the sky remote in water and the TV won’t stay on a channel

This message was authored by TRAE2310 This message was authored by: TRAE2310

I dropped the sky remote in water and the TV won’t stay on a channel

The sky stream remote got dropped in water and now the TV won't stay on a channel.

the sky stream box keeps turning off

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: I dropped the sky remote in water and the TV won’t stay on a channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @TRAE2310 

Sky won't cover accidental damage, but you could ring them and see if they will help. If not you can purchase replacement remotes on Amazon: Sky Glass and Sky Stream TV Remote - Anthracite Black https://amzn.eu/d/5JuTBfa

I would take the batteries out and submerge in a bowl of rice overnight and see if it starts behaving again.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @TRAE2310 

Sky won't cover accidental damage, but you could ring them and see if they will help. If not you can purchase replacement remotes on Amazon: Sky Glass and Sky Stream TV Remote - Anthracite Black https://amzn.eu/d/5JuTBfa

I would take the batteries out and submerge in a bowl of rice overnight and see if it starts behaving again.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@TRAE2310 I would follow the advice already given by @mikealanr but if you have a Sky Q remote available that will work perfectly with Stream while you wait for a replacement.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@mikealanr I bought a white Stream remote, easier to find in low light👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion