Discussion topic: I cannot watch the new Dungeons and Dragons on Sky Cinema

This message was authored by LJHeath This message was authored by: LJHeath

I cannot watch the new Dungeons and Dragons on Sky Cinema

We tried to watch the new Dungeons and Dragons on Sky Cinema on the Sky Puck, UK. No luck, it is there, and says Sky Cinema so it is a thing but when we click it it told me to upgrade my subscription to view it. When I clicked I got an error message - I have Sky cinema. 

I called Sky, no luck she had no idea. Can someone else please try to watch it and let me know if it works, so I'd know if it's just me or that one film. All other Sky stuff works fine, TV, films etc. just this one film tells me to upgrade. 

Thank you. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: I cannot watch the new Dungeons and Dragons on Sky Cinema

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LJHeath I just tried on your behalf and got the same error message as yourself.  You could send an email to Viewer Relations at viewerR@sky.uk asking them to investigate. You should give them as much information as possible.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@LJHeath  All the advertising I've seen suggests it doesn't premiere until next Friday 18th August so it might be a promotional thing that hasn't been properly tagged 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@LJHeath I just tried on your behalf and got the same error message as yourself.  You could send an email to Viewer Relations at viewerR@sky.uk asking them to investigate. You should give them as much information as possible.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@SKY1992bf I thought that might be the case as the main movie is under the banner of "on this week".  However the trailer says it is available now but that gave the same error message to upgrade.

This message was authored by Totalwar2 This message was authored by: Totalwar2

I been getting this error for the last month.I actually brought it I had the same issue when trying to buy it.Been out for a few weeks.I have a puck as well the only way around that worked for me was to go to sky store app and buy it from there.

Sorry didn't realise that it was out on sky cinema I tried adding to playlist didn't work and doing a voice search didn't work.Try  phoning sky again.

only way I found to see it is to buy it off sky store for £13.99p..That how I got to watch it.

Sky please sort this out as we pay subscription to watch movies.So if we can't then there no point paying money to you for it.

Sky Q Sky Moblie SKY BRING BACK NEVER MISS.
LJHeath
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply, I just sent them an email explaining everything and linking this post thread. 

LJHeath
Topic Author

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@LJHeath  All the advertising I've seen suggests it doesn't premiere until next Friday 18th August so it might be a promotional thing that hasn't been properly tagged 

Thank you for your reply, it is good to know I am not the only one seeing issues like this, and I had nto seen any adverts for its release yet so that's good to know. 

LJHeath
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply, it is good to know I am not alone. I sent Sky an emailing detailing what has happened and linked this thread int here too. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. 

LJHeath
Topic Author

Thank you for giving it a try, I appreciate it so it is good to know it is not an issue just on my side. 

This message was authored by DarthPaulS This message was authored by: DarthPaulS

Well it's now the 18th and when I try to select it all I get is "Sorry, there are currently no programmes of this type available". You'd think with all the advertising of it they'd have at least got this right. Very poor

This message was authored by Totalwar2 This message was authored by: Totalwar2

@LJHeath wrote:

We tried to watch the new Dungeons and Dragons on Sky Cinema on the Sky Puck, UK. No luck, it is there, and says Sky Cinema so it is a thing but when we click it it told me to upgrade my subscription to view it. When I clicked I got an error message - I have Sky cinema. 

I called Sky, no luck she had no idea. Can someone else please try to watch it and let me know if it works, so I'd know if it's just me or that one film. All other Sky stuff works fine, TV, films etc. just this one film tells me to upgrade. 

Thank you. 

Works ok for me now the link on top of menu with sky stream.

Sky Q Sky Moblie SKY BRING BACK NEVER MISS.
This message was authored by andrea19841973 This message was authored by: andrea19841973

Same for us just getting 

Sorry, there are currently no programmes of this type available

This message was authored by DarthPaulS This message was authored by: DarthPaulS

Yes, exactly it, tried every link everywhere, same result. Sky Q box here with all the channels. The really stupid thing being it's currently showing live and I can watch it. Guessing I'll have to set it to record tonight and watch it that way. So much for "on demand".

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@DarthPaulS I have just done a voice search for it and then selected both watch from Start and watch live and both played as expected.  I have Sky Glass but it shouldn't be any different to Stream.

I also tried adding it to my playlist and again it played from there as well as from the home screen.

Are you perhaps trying to watch the UHD version but are not subscribed to UHD & Atmos. I notice that Channel 301 is showing it in HD but when I select it from the home screen it is showing in UHD.  You could try both.

I don't know the answer for your predicament but can only suggest you have another look after it has finished broadcasting at 2pm and then if you are still having problems you should call Sky.

@Fothergill1 I am subscribed to all of those things. I can't select HD directly as I can't even get that far. Tried changing my settings to default to HD, same result. Waited until after 2pm (I didn't really buy this one as otherwise it shouldn't be displayed as selectable, but thought I'd eliminate it anyway), same result. In fact every other programme/movie seems to work as it should, except for this one movie. As a last resort I used the search feature to look for it and, susprisingly, that worked. However, the main screen and guide links don't work, so whichever way you cut it someone as Sky has screwed up here. The biggest irony is that this is a Sky channel/service, and yet the guy next door with Virgin Media has had no such issues. They're starting to become more attractive by the week now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion