Discussion topic: Replace SkyQ with Sky Stream

This message was authored by YYGeneral This message was authored by: YYGeneral

Replace SkyQ with Sky Stream

I currently have SkyQ with multi room if I wanted to replace with Sky Stream do I have to have 4 boxes like I have now if so is there extra payment on top of the £29 to have it in multiple rooms

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Replace SkyQ with Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YYGeneral  You will need a stream box for each TV, the whole home sub covers up to 3 Glass TV's & six pucks.

You will need to ensure your broadband is fast enough for each puck, min requirement is 30mbps for UHD & 25mbps for HD.

Also note not all channels are on stream.  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YYGeneral 

As with any switch to a new system please check it will work for you .....

Stream does not record shows in the same way as Q 

please check out skys YouTube channel for videos on how the system works and also check some reviews / demos online and YouTube 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@YYGeneral wrote:

I currently have SkyQ with multi room if I wanted to replace with Sky Stream do I have to have 4 boxes like I have now if so is there extra payment on top of the £29 to have it in multiple rooms

You do need 4 Stream pucks (1st free but additional are £39.95 admin fee each & must be returned at end of contract)

One Whole Home sub (£12pm) required for all pucks to function.

Additional costs for Netflix Premium (£8pm for 4 screens in UHD)

Additional cost for Ad Skipping (covers all pucks) £5pm

Additional cost for UHD/Atmos (covers all pucks) £6pm

Research it carefully. Costs quickly mount up. Remember - it DOES NOT record & relies entirely on fast & stable broadband in every room you plan to have a puck in. 

YYGeneral
Topic Author
This message was authored by YYGeneral This message was authored by: YYGeneral

Thanks think I have enough to judge won't be for me 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion