Discussion topic: Blue screen - Please wait

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Blue screen - Please wait

Thanks @GD1 I did read it thanks. Sorry, it would have been easier for my neurodivergent issues, but no worries, I will try and keep an eye, and hopefully I dont miss it. You being very helpful

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony   You may receive an email including a link and a message to have a private conversation on Community with our Sky Expert.

You can access the conversation via a coloured chat bubble on the bottom left of your screen. Be reassured this email is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

You amazing @GD1 . You have been so helpful

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

I am trying it via the Ethernet today and tomorrow prior to the new router coming. @lettice I followed your settings and when it turned back on, it set the WiFi to on so have put that off. It also turned on with the blue screen again saying please wait

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Super+Anthony.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

I have replied thank you @Addie15 and explained hopefully

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @Super+Anthony If you need our support again let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Thanks

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

@Mr+Flibbles+86 @Addie15 Thank you, I appreciate it and thank you. As you mentioned and we both said, it looks like we are awaiting and need an update fix from Sky at this stage, but let's see what the new router does. HO thinks it's unlikely to make a difference but they are giving it a go. @GD1 for setting it up. I will wait for the new router and see if it changes anything @lettice - did you see the earlier message?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I am trying it via the Ethernet today and tomorrow prior to the new router coming. @lettice I followed your settings and when it turned back on, it set the WiFi to on so have put that off. It also turned on with the blue screen again saying please wait

Before the HO problems, as far as I remember you had your Sky Stream stable on wifi.

So,, I would leave it on that.

Do not think changing from wifi to ethernet is the cause of your problems here.

If you swap from wifi to ethernet, there is no point really doing a network reset from within the settings. Not that it will have harmed in your case..

It is only really necessary to reset the network in the puck settings when, like your upcoming router, so a change of router hardware or if a customer changes over their isp (again having a new router connection)

As that can/could change some of the local connection credentials via the puck ( much like  many other devices, so Sky is not alone in this) does not clear previous connection credential changes fully causing issues going forward. Hence, the setting being there, similar in a way to the  'forget network' option that a phone/tablet/pc has.

I would leave the ethernet connection for now and when your new router arrives, do the network reset from the puck as I mentioned in my previous post, but connect it on wifi only.

As you mention, if you do connect a puck with an ethernet cable, it is best to turn wifi off in the puck settings, as it may switch over to wifi automatically and not that well at times. Often, (not always a personal preference or home personal setup) a customer may be connecting to Ethernet,, because they have a poor or intermittent wifi connection.

From what I have read and you have told us, your wifi on your local network has been good, so stick with wifi vI'd say.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you @lettice

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

FYI even using the Ethernet I get the blue screen saying please wait first time reach day, so will go back to WiFi

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Super+Anthony wrote:

FYI even using the Ethernet I get the blue screen saying please wait first time reach day, so will go back to WiFi

After you disabled the Wifi, did you reboot the stream puck? I've seen occassions where dispite the Wifi being disabled in the settings the puck hasn't actually picked up the setting change until a reboot.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Yes I did thanks @MarkGoldsmith . I followed @lettice helpful guide

So for me, whether it's WiFi or Ethernet, I still get the blue screen and please wait the first time each day

As mentioned helpfully by @lettice i will put it back to WiFi when I get the new router from HO

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Hey all, am on 3rd router now and still getting please wait and blue screen

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Super+Anthony 

I've had a chat with Sky about your problem and detailing what has been tried.

Basically, from their point of view all steps to diagnose have been tried.
But, it was mentioned (against what we generally within this community recommend) to turn Overnight Power saving to ON
This change of setting does not require any kind of power restart to action.

But, for your pice of mind about an hour after applying that setting, go to

Settings>Systems Management>Resets and updates and select Restart device

This restart takes a number of minutes to action, that I think you know already.

Its been advised to watch 'your issue', whilst on this setting for at least three days and then report back here.. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion