Discussion topic: Virtual Remote Control

Pogit
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

Re: Virtual Remote Control

Make sure you..

•have the latest version of the Sky Go app
•have the option in Sky Go settings “connect to sky Q box” checked
•are on the same Wi-fi network as the Q box is on? 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by tiashannon This message was authored by: tiashannon

Yep - all of those.

This message was authored by Phillip87 This message was authored by: Phillip87

this is great if you have iphone but not for Android users do we know when this feature will drop onto android as it dose seem like a really good function

Pogit
Topic Author

@tiashannon sorry can’t help you then if your on the latest iOS, app version and on the same network and told it to look for the Q box it should be there.  

@Phillip87  Well Sky have confirmed it’s coming to Android not much you can do other than wait or use one of the third party apps as I had been doing for years since moving from + to Q 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by Forever+Customer This message was authored by: Forever+Customer

Is there any update on this?  Would be great to have a 'virtual remote' on my android phone for those times when you're really comfy on the sofa with all your drinks and snacks within reach but that little Q remote is just out of reach! 😆

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Forever+Customer wrote:

Is there any update on this?  Would be great to have a 'virtual remote' on my android phone for those times when you're really comfy on the sofa with all your drinks and snacks within reach but that little Q remote is just out of reach! 😆

Unfortunately it seems to have been pushed back to 2024 for Android @Forever+Customer  with no specific date set

Pogit
Topic Author

Such a shame, I'm making the most of it on iOS, the one thing I would change is how to swap between boxes when in remote mode a drop down at the top would be ideal.  But tbh I'm just happy that things have progressed and I don't have to use third party remotes. 

This message was authored by Goosey1 This message was authored by: Goosey1

I have 2 sky q mini boxes but they don't show up under devices on my sky go app virtual remote 

Pogit
Topic Author

The don't show up in the choose your box section when you press the remote icon then settings (or setting remote then settings again  if you don't use the icon) ? 

This message was authored by Goosey1 This message was authored by: Goosey1

No when I do settings the only box it gives me as an option is the main sky box which is in a different room . The sky q mini box is in the room I'm in but does not come up as an option 

This message was authored by Verdifer This message was authored by: Verdifer

So a billion pound company can't afford to get 1 developer in to make an app that is slready there. Unbelievable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion